• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fitting / Thread size M809-series fuel filter canister

msgjd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello all, keyword searches did not yield anything specific .. Am looking to add a spin-on ahead of the OEM canister without altering the original lines, need to keep this particular M817 original and uncut for a quick return back to OEM when we are done with a project's numerous upcoming hauls..

Unless the brass fitting assortment at the heavy truck shop near here is totally messed up, the compression nut at the canister end of the fuel tank line is not a normal 1/2" comp fitting as it may appear. 1/2" comp is too small, 3/4 way too big. JIC doesn't work either.

1: Just my luck this might be an Ermeto-type/specialty-size nut on the fuel line to the canister. Can anyone confirm?
2: What is the size/thread of the canister inlet? (where the locknut/o-ring vent fitting goes)

It is bigger than 1/2NPT of course, also obviously smaller than 3/4, and is apparently a straight-thread type, they are not showing any NPT features. I am unaware if 5/8 straight pipe thread was ever made at any point in decades past, clearly it is not available today. Again, these are not NPT type. Nor are they JIC. But possibly SAE. For new knowledge to some out there, the straight pipe threads I am talking about are designated NPSC = National Pipe Straight Coupling, and generically referred to as "IPS Threads" or "Iron Straight Threads"

Last edited:

msgjd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
"porkysplace, post: 2439851, member: 10357"

gonna compare the ORS specs in your chart with the application. thanks

msgjd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
as davidb56 above says, Surplus Center has a lot of stuff.. I highly recommend them, some prices are "pennies on the dollar" on oddball automotive and industrial parts that can be used on projects limited only by your imagination .. They have good prices on most everything else as well. We have bought from them for over 40 years .. Hydraulic items and parts, elec motors, motor pulleys, right-angle drives, gear pumps, misc hardware, fittings, gidgets, gadgets, and the beat goes on (y)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks