• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FLU 419 High Engine Oil Pressure

Suggy

Apologies if this is a repeat thread. The oil pressure on my Unimog is running high, 75 psi. The motor has approximately 200 hours, 1100 miles since a military rebuild. Last year the engine oil pressure was running 35-40 psi. Currently it jumps to 75 psi about 10-20 seconds after start up. I’ve replaced the oil (AMSoil 15w40) and filter. I installed a new oil pressure sender and double checked the reading with an engine pressure gauge. Despite my efforts the engine oil pressure remains at 75 psi. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The oil pressure on my FLU419 is right at 75 PSI when I start it up cold. Once the engine warms up and at idle, the oil pressure is around 35 - 45 depending on how warm the engine is. Once warmed up and the RPMs are high, the pressure is around 70. I'm running 20W-40W oil. I recently did an oil and filter change and my pressures didn't change. I don't think you have a problem. According to the TM, the oil pressure should be as follows:
Minimum Oil Pressure At Idle: 9 PSI
Normal Oil Pressure: 29 - 73 PSI

To me, 9 PSI at idle sounds like too low a number to me. Also, a normal range of 29 - 73 PSI sounds too wide to me. However, that is what the TM says.

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's rare that someone complains about the oil pressure being too high, in anything.

But if it used to be low, maybe due to dilution, and is now what it should be, I'd be happy.

Suggy

Thank you glcaines and FLU Farm for the prompt responses. I will check to confirm oil is flowing through the head when I get home. If so I will likely begin using it. Many projects to finish prior to winter.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks