• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FLU419 Miles and Hours question

Chevelle68327

I been mainly looking for a backhoe, but once in a while I come across a FLU419. The ones I been seeing range anywhere from 1000-2000 hours, but the millage also ranges between 7000-9000. My question is what do you consider high millage or high hours for an FLU419? To me if I found a backhoe under 2000 hours I would consider that low. Does a guy stay away from these when the millage is in this range?

Thank You,

Speedwoble

No. I don’t trust the miles or hours period. I go by condition. They are old enough that one with 5 hours may be rusty compared to one with 5000 hours that has been maintained and lubricated.

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The ones I been seeing range anywhere from 1000-2000 hours, but the millage also ranges between 7000-9000.
At first I thought you must have added a zero to those numbers, but then remembered that I have one with about 5,000 miles showing.

Either way, as mentioned above, don't pay too much attention to the numbers.

Speedwoble

To answer directly the question you asked, I would not be scared by up to 3000hours and 20K miles. These are commonly seen on the MB4/94’s, the father of the FLU419.
Because of the way the military operates, these trucks(tractors) may have been rebuilt thoughout their lives and had speedometers or engine hour meters replaced. So even low numbers are not necessarily true. My 2nd one has something like 700 hours and 5000miles on it, but had sat for several years in the woods, which caused several problems.

I highly recommend seeing 2-3 of these in person and driving them. The “quirks” on my second turned out to be maintenance “issues” after I got #3.

I think one of the great problems with these is them getting into the hands of people that know more than Mercedes and put their own custom touches on them, for better or worse.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks