• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FMTV custom bed designs

Cave Johnson

A little over a year ago, I was hired to do contract work to design and engineer a proprietary agricultural process system to be mounted on a 1078 or 1082. I cant share pictures of that because of NDA restrictions. I did keep the truck model though, since they didnt own that. Its very close dimensionally and layout wise to the real deal. I was also interestingly doing some cabinet and other interior fittings design work for a company that outfits camper vans.

Now that I fell into ownership of one for a song, Im tempted to decide on something to put in the back, not that there is anything wrong with the bed as it is. Campers seem popular. I was considering something more like a mobile hunting lodge. So less comforts of home, more basic.

1649692336923.png

Attachments

Cave Johnson

I did design a system for a hydraulically elevated fuel tank for a fracking system once. So that's not totally impractical, aside from not wanting to deal with the outriggers

Making a cabin that lifts up about 6 feet though would be quite the neat option, given the bed level is already quite high.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks