• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FMTV Door Key?

Radiogeek99

Just Another Guy
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Has anyone found out the key blank to use for the FMTV? I was going to take the locks out to try to have a key made. Do you think they are a common key like the CUCV?
Thanks, John

Ukraine Train

The blank for mine was from a Land Rover, I think. It's a long sucker. I took the whole handle/lock assembly to a locksmith and they made keys to match for around $35.

Shark Bait

Yeah, mine was Land Rover as well. Took driver side handle to locksmith and he made me a key to work. As luck would have it the passenger door was keyed different and I had to take it out and to him and he done it to match.

Dave

Lmtv772

Banned
Same here, I also head that a vintage Volvo blank would work. take both assemblies out and bring to the locksmith, in case left and right side a different. (ask me how I know)

tybaslee

a buddy of mine posted a video on YouTube where I am pulling his doors apart to get the locks out to get rekeyed. my blanks were for old Volvo cars

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hopefully we can consolidate some of these videos in a sticky or common thread to make everyone's life easier.

tybaslee

Tried to make it straight forward as I could. On a side note make sure there is 2 rods on the door handle. My buddies was missing one and careful with the clips that hold the rods in place they are brittle

Radiogeek99

Just Another Guy
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Watched the video and got the locks out no problem, but my locks are a Mercedes key M63e. And both doors are differently keyed. I guess they used whatever locks they could get their hands on. Now I have to try to find blanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Watched the video and got the locks out no problem, but my locks are a Mercedes key M63e. And both doors are differently keyed. I guess they used whatever locks they could get their hands on. Now I have to try to find blanks.
I took my handles to a locksmith and he was able to match both handles to the same key. One was already set to that key and he charged me $35 to set the other one up the same. Now I just have to put them both in :)

Sapphire

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For what it's worth, I have a pair of used keyed-alike LMTV door handles with keys for sale. I bought a set of new ones with keys and then took my old ones to a locksmith to get keys made. Because there were the right number of wafers with the same codes, he was able to rearrange them and key both locks alike.

PM me for details.

TNriverjet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had to buy a NOS passenger handle to replace a broken one. The new one came with 2 keys. I then took apart the drivers key cylinder and did some filing and rearranging of wafers until the keys also worked for that door. It sounds kind of difficult, but once you get it apart it becomes pretty evident what needs to happen.

IMG_3378.jpgIMG_3379.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks