• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FMTV wrecker rough start and idle, what is it? Attached sound clip

PowerstrokeNC

This is how the wrecker sounds when I start it.

things i have done so far....
*changed the intake heater solenoid, since it doesnt knock as bad in warmer weather so thought it might be that.
*checked out fuel all good.

things I have noticed.
as mentioned much less of an issue in warmer weather but still there.
starts to 'clear' out after several minutes of running.
will smooth out somewhat if you apply throttle.

Any thoughts? Appreciate the help.

This is an A1 with electronic/wire throttle pedal if that makes a difference.

Last edited:

snowtrac nome

sounds like bad injectors on the 3126 you pop the old ones out and install the new ones the newer c-7 cats you need a cat program to set trim codes for new injectors

snowtrac nome

with cat e-t you can do a cylinder drop test you will be dollars ahead to replace all 6 or chasing bad injectors will be a never ending battle before replacing them take an oil sample if you have high concentrations of metal than replace the hui pump and flush the oil gallies those engines were known for hui pump failures that would send oil through the injectors and cause the problem you are experiencing also each cylinder will need to be vacuumed out as enough oil will drip into them to hydro lock the cylinder if you don't clean tehm out before putting in the new injector.

coachgeo

yeah knocking injectors can for sure make that hammering sound as it is called in some circles in the diesel world. Start at Will/Suprman's suggestion... then suggest you go to a straight thru Injection clean such as Lubra Molly diesel Purge or others made to be used directly out of a cup or a fuel filter prefilled with it. An Italian Tune up after that might be in order followed by second Injector clean.

If that does not help... then guess it's on to Nome's suggestion?

Keep us posted.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks