• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

For anyone needing new wheels for your M1009 8 inch wide

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last edited:

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
Have you used these yet? People are saying they won’t fit blazers.93117307-21FD-4A1E-ACFB-253257DC475B.png
They definitely won’t fit m1008 trucks as those are 8 lug hubs not 6 lug.

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you used these yet? People are saying they won’t fit blazers.View attachment 842583
They definitely won’t fit m1008 trucks as those are 8 lug hubs not 6 lug.
Yeah fits perfect on my m1009, my mechanic double checked, and I measured the same backspace as the rims that are on my 86. WVI-62-5806044 these are 4.25 inch backspace 15" rim, 8 inches wide.

Last edited:

Keith_J

The 8 inch wide wheels for 8 lug vehicles work great. 4 inch back space.

Make 255 85 16s look proper, not squeezed.

cucvrus

NOT at all. I don't care if I sell them or NOT. I will use them on my many on going projects. I am just pointing out that I seen the knock offs and they are not what I would use on my M1009. I mean I have a choice of stock GM rally wheels and still opt for the original M1009 wheels. Say what you will. You will. Anyway I have the originals if anyone needs them. They do cost but what does that matter. Do it right. It always cost a little more. But it's right the first time.

nyoffroad

I know nothing about the after market wheel mentioned above, might work great for soccer mom and a grocery getter but for a real truck that that hauls fire wood or goes off road, nope, not for me! A good friend and I went wheeling years ago and he had a set of the old (new at that time) wagon wheels and folded one over on a simple turn in the mud. Later after fighting the tire off the bent and destroyed wheel we found that it was little more then half the weight of a stock wheel. There cheaper for a reason!

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I know nothing about the after market wheel mentioned above, might work great for soccer mom and a grocery getter but for a real truck that that hauls fire wood or goes off road, nope, not for me! A good friend and I went wheeling years ago and he had a set of the old (new at that time) wagon wheels and folded one over on a simple turn in the mud. Later after fighting the tire off the bent and destroyed wheel we found that it was little more then half the weight of a stock wheel. There cheaper for a reason!
Exactly!

Good expression for that is:
Oats already passed through the horse once are generally less for a reason.

Similar to the DOT stamped and approved load binders and chains that keep your stuff from falling off your trailer - when compared to the chinese imports. There is very little in this country that we haven't screwed up yet. The steel industry is one of those things...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks