• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fording Kit Question

Skycop

Ok, so I have read the manual and our M35A3 does NOT have the fording kit installed. If we wanted to purchase one (whether it be aftermarket or not), how would we go about doing it and what all would it entail to install?

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to another S.Central TX MVer (even if it is work related).

Can't help you with the fording kit but you might want to join the Alamo MVPA. What better way to help promote your dept than displaying your deuce at local events (think DARE only BIGGER), plus we have several A2s but no A3s in the club.

PM me for more info

Mark Coen
President Alamo MVPA

kurtkds

I ended up building my own kit. Did a lot of research on here and in the TM's. I'm not sure if the A3 kit would be much different than an A2.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
..........I guess what I am looking for is what exactly it entails with specific parts.........
You prolly found this already... if not see parts list and diagram below:

Attachments

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How deep are you planning to go? Rember that cat motor had some eletronics controlling it. First you will need to make sure they are eather water tight, or relocated. You won't need the bellhousing pressurized like the A2. You have a auto tranny. You will need to run vent lines from each gear box up to the depth you plan to handle. The air intake is already hood high. So going much deeper would need to raise it.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Although not a big A3 fan, I am curious what the standard fording depth is for one? I am guessing it´s deeper than an A2. I have a kit on my A2 and I just have a drain at the low point of my slobber tube that I leave open (unless fording) and keep my kit installed permanently. I also modified the engine side cover so it can be closed (the origionals had the cover open).

Hello Friends

I want to buy a deuce soon. I'm going to buy the deuce in my avatar picture.
I read a lot about American military trucks specially the deuce and a half , but I want to know how deep can an standard deuce fording ? (even if I raise the snorkel)

My another question is , when I go into mud or water (river) what should I do after that? (cleaning or etc)

Excuse me if I asked my questions in wrong place (I'm new here)

Thanks

71DeuceAK

I'm curious on the fording thing myself, as someone who plans to be getting dirty in the mud when I get one.

As for cleaning, my understanding is go through everything with a grease gun before you go, then after you're done as well. Probably wouldn't hurt to change differential fluids, etc. too. It's definitely some maintenance, but I plan on doing the maintenance, and having fun in the muck.

rustystud

Hello Friends

I want to buy a deuce soon. I'm going to buy the deuce in my avatar picture.
I read a lot about American military trucks specially the deuce and a half , but I want to know how deep can an standard deuce fording ? (even if I raise the snorkel)

My another question is , when I go into mud or water (river) what should I do after that? (cleaning or etc)

Excuse me if I asked my questions in wrong place (I'm new here)

Thanks
After any water crossing you must drain all the differentials, transfer-case, transmission and engine oil. Then take the wheels apart and check the brakes and wheel bearings. That's pretty much it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks