• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Found 275gal IBC totes in NE PA

paulfarber

If anyone in NE PA or W NY or N NJ is looking for totes I found a place that has them.. washed with lids and valves.

Dixon Sealers in Scranton PA has them for $99 each. I just got two and he had about 20-30 on site. He said he get them regularly.

1-800-233-4966 and ask for Steve

paulfarber

Make sure you get one with NPT threads! I got some sort of metric threads on one and I doubt that I will spend the effort to find the correct conversion connector.... it will be the 'filtered' tank.... the other tote has 2in NPT threads and after a trip to Lowes I got a PVC adapter, bushing fro 2 to 1/2in and a 1/2 plug (so I can test the setup for leaks).

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sure makes the almost brand new steel cage ones I sold at Haspin for $50 each sound like a deal doesn't it?

The PVC piece is to adapt to the fitting on the tank I'm guessing.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought them and made enough to pay for fuel to haul them out there for the other members. I have sold 4 more if I can get the same ones but if I sell them out in front of the house those will be at least $75 and the others with the lightweight thin wall tube steel frame $60.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Crapola, Steve, I owe you money! I'll get that out immediately and I'm sorry for being so forgetful.

paulfarber

I can find $50 totes all day long... MO, KY, ON, NC but I don't want to invest the time and money to drive 1000+ miles to get them and no where will you find shipping for <$2-3/mile.

http://cgi.ebay.com/275-Gallon-IBC-...107?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c0dc73fdb

http://cgi.ebay.com/tote-tanks-330-...952?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a5022c468

http://cgi.ebay.com/275-Gallon-Cont...339?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3368f44a33

Plus most of the $50 totes still required cleaning or pay $10-$15 per tote to have them cleaned.

Even if I do buy 10 @ $50 that's $500 +diesel and I have to sell the locally at $100 to make any money back.... all the while $100 totes are less than 60 miles away, washed and ready to pick up. aua

The totes are great holding tanks.... I have them stacked in a corner of my garage and they save so much space its not even funny.... what good is a 13ft high ceiling when you don't use the vertical space? 55 Gallon drums take about 15 minutes to pump dry.

Last edited:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I guess the guys were lucky at Haspin then because the ones I sold went to Wisconsin, South Carolina and Florida. None of them stayed within 500 miles of my place.

The tanks were cleaned the morning I picked them up and they are all food grade so no worries about chemicals.

I have 14 feet from the concrete up and plan on putting mine on my 80 feet of pallet racking. Good to know about the time to pump a drum dry since I already have enough from friends and relatives to fill up an IBC.

;-)

paulfarber

Post your source then.

I don't see what you are trying to prove... I *KNOW* they are available cheaper ELSEWHERE (aka OUT OF STATE) but unless you are going to post a source of your $50 totes, that are less than readily availble (aka a steady supply).

The ebay posts I made were as close as Ill. One for $75 was just outside of Colombus OH. So how do I get them to my front door from Ohio for less than $100 total?

Post the source of $50 totes then you have my attention. Otherwise, please bugger up someones elses thread about how one time you got these cheap totes, and didn't even pay to have them shipped. :-?

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Funny, I thought you realized I was the source of the totes.

Some of the totes were picked up by the owners themselves at the rally but some were taken back by other members for SS members who had asked me for them.

I have two freshly cleaned ones at the house right now that are yours for $50 each, all you have to do is find a friend to bring them to you. Show up to the Mid-Ohio show next month and I'll bring you up to six, maybe 8.

The most I can probably produce at one time is around 20 or so.

Do what other people do on the site, use an SS friend.

paulfarber

I posted a while back that I found totes for $50 in upstate NY. Even then diesel or shipping puts them over $100. I was hoping to burn waste oil all the way up... but the return trip would have to be pump diesel.... 50 gallons... $200+

Your totes are no more cheaper than the $100 ones I can get 45 miles away.

natem

Now,now children. Thanks for bringing this up, as I have a source for totes also and have been wondering what to do with them. I guess I will have some available for the GLMVPA show in August.

Thanks
Nate

paulfarber

They are called IBC totes (Intermediate Bulk Container) and the most common sizes are something like 225, 275 and 325.

They are not really that common here is PA.. I can only find them erratically from private sellers for way to much ($150-$175).

Out mid-west and down south the are all over the place... $50 each. BUT my point is that SHIPPING (or even getting them in your POV) quickly makes them $100+ totes.

So when I found a place that has them REGULARLY for $99 its a good deal.

One tote I got still had the factory metal seal on the valve (they must have top loaded/siphoned). The other one has a metric thread... I'll pump from the top of that one.

Even if I drive my deuce to OH to get some $50 totes I would have to sell them at an uncompetitive price of about $100 to make it worth my TIME and diesel (even though I run WMO a lot on highways I like to put some pump fuel in.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks