• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

found a 1959 Curtis-Wright

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
found a 1959 Curtis-Wright , water tanker with the original gasser, runs & drives.

It's up for sealed bid in an out of the way area.

I must be nuts, figured it to be a run of the mill deuce but when I seen it was an old gasser it made me want it more.
Probably won't be high bidder but suddenly I feel the urge to place a higher bid on it.

Last edited:

rustystud

found a 1959 Curtis-Wright , water tanker with the original gasser, runs & drives.

It's up for sealed bid in an out of the way little town in a National Forest area.

I must be nuts, figured it to be a run of the mill deuce but when I seen it was an old gasser it made me want it more.
Probably won't be high bidder but suddenly I feel the urge to place a higher bid on it.
I know that feeling well !!! Good luck !!

Barrman

Just remember 4.25-4.8 mpg no matter how you drive with the OA331. At least that has been my experience. Something to keep in mind before you throw the high bid.

Chief_919

Funny timing. I just found a carb rebuild kit that I didn't know what it was and when I checked the stock number its for a REO gas M35 series truck.

Funny part is its a 1989 dated manufacture- I am surprised the DoD was still buying gas REO parts then.

dmetalmiki

Must be getting old (er) I am following this post with difficulty..what has a Curtis hover machine got to do with any sort of early 2 1/2 ton army petrol engined truck or a later deuce?
Are you bidding on an ex U.S. Army truck? or a 'hover craft'?

Guyfang

Staff member
Funny timing. I just found a carb rebuild kit that I didn't know what it was and when I checked the stock number its for a REO gas M35 series truck.

Funny part is its a 1989 dated manufacture- I am surprised the DoD was still buying gas REO parts then.
I talked to a Zoomy about Air Force manuals. Or the lack of, those manuals. He told me to check with some Zoomy office that is responsible for helping Allies with Foreign Sales of equipment. They told me that there job was support for the countries that bought that equipment, no matter how old it was. Publications, logistic support and tech support. That might explain it.

rustystud

When looking for what was Curtis Wright, I found something way more interesting. Blasphemy, I know, but it was a spin-off of a military request, so its allowable. Have a look at the video in the article:

https://youtu.be/ajvqBbEz0x4
To bad it only took them 50 years to actually put it into the military arsenal. Now if only they can finish the "one man jetpack" or "flying platform" ! If they had finished them in the 60's we all could be flying around in our own military surplus jet-packs !!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks