• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Found an engine heater kit today

CMPPhil

Was digging through a semi today and voila! NOS in three boxes.
Hi

To add to the general knowledge base, if you are going to unpack heater kit how about laying out all the parts and taking some detailed photos? Or is there a detailed parts sheet with pictures?

Great find, have several friends with M38s that will be drulling.

Cheers Phil

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Problem with those is the hundreds of holes you have to drill in the hood and grille for the blankets. I would guess it would take 20 hours of work to install the kit end to end. Perfect for someone doing a dew line impression.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not sure what I am doing with it. I am not a fan of drilling all those holes in the hood either.

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Heater

Nice find....again! Do we have a matching set? I was going to offer this one up to you for spare parts but can't tell if they're the same. More info required.

I found it in a pile of scrap outdoors and managed to save it to a garage so haven't really looked into it. Your post reminded me that there are no jeeps on the G749 farm so this heater needs a home too.

PC010976.jpgPC010975.jpgPC010972.jpgPC010971.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks