• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Found some in the boneyard

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
When I found the Chemical Shelter trailers in a local boneyard I asked if they had any other MV's. :?:
I was shown two CCKW's that had been Civil Defense vehicles. 8)
The yard guy said they had been there at least nineteen years. They had surface rust and exposure damange.
They can probably be had for scrap metal value.
My questions are:
Would these vehicles be suitable for a "home made HEMMETT" project? Two engines, two "Slushbox" trannys, Six axles, two frames, 12 tires and rims.
What about the drivetrain? Transfer cases?
What would one of these be worth "as is"?.
Will modern deuce rims fit this series of vehicles? "Super singles"?
Sorry I don't have pics.
I might pick these up for "trade goods" or for a future project.
Any input would be appreciated.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I think you should embark on an epic, down-to-the-nut-&-bolt-correct restoration and be the toast of the next MVPA convention.

Then drive it up here for our mountaintop cookout!

rmgill

naah, keep em as CCKW's they're too old to hack up now. Are the open cabs or hard cabs (or converted to hard cabs?)

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Since they were burried up to the beds in junk cars and briars I could only see that one had a hard top...the other may have had one and it just caved in. :?:
I am not seriously contemplating getting them now unless I unload the Chem trailers real quick (hint, hint). :idea:
If I get by there I'll snap some pics and post them for the group.
I may have to change venues in my military career in Jan. so my MV fetish may have to go on hold for a while. :?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks