• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

"Friendlier" MV state: OK or CO?

Odyssey M

So, at the moment I am leaning forward on possible PCS options (Oklahoma or Colorado). Among many other important deciding factors, I am also considering State/Municipality friendliness to the MV hobby. Any inputs or points to ponder?

Vote tally:

CO-
OK-

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm considering a move as well, not to those areas but you asked for points to ponder.

Cost of living (you can find calculators online)
Check realtor.com for property for sale or rent
You could watch some of the news on the local TV stations for a couple of weeks to see what shows up as a bad area
Check online papers for same

Then you can check for HOAs when you select a place

Just some things off the top of my head because I'm going through the same thing.

Odyssey M

SW,

Thanks for your 2cents. I like your local news idea for my CO research. HOAs won't be a problem. I am looking for land (outside of city limits/laws) to go with the house. I don't like neighbors too close. I plan on homesteading at this next property so any other insight is sure welcomed. I should add I was stationed at Tinker, OK for 5+ years. But that was prior to my MV addiction and well before I thought I'd ever want to return to that state.

M715VFD405

Oklahoma here very MV friendly and the cost of living is very good and the farming here in the west is pretty good. Here in Weatherford its very "small town" but OKC is within an hour drive so the "city" isn't to far away where you miss it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks