• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Front axle traction aid

ODdave

So I am thinking for ease I am going to put a drivers side drop front axle in my 1028. I figured I would see what your guys thoughts are as far as the differential. Right now it has a trac loc.

Would you run,

Trac loc?

Power loc?

Detroit locker?

Its not a DD but I do plan on driving it ocasionaly, My goal is to take it up to the U.P. and go camping / wheeling.

WARWAG

Driversdie drop front axle? Not sure what you mean.

As far as a traction device I would go with either an OX Locker or and ARB Locker. Both selectable. The OX locker is manually engaged from inside the cab with the pull of a lever (attached to a cable). The ARB is a simple flip of a switch which actuates an aircompressor for about 1/2 a sec and wholla youve got a locked up front axle.

ODdave

Driversdie drop front axle? Not sure what you mean.

As far as a traction device I would go with either an OX Locker or and ARB Locker. Both selectable. The OX locker is manually engaged from inside the cab with the pull of a lever (attached to a cable). The ARB is a simple flip of a switch which actuates an aircompressor for about 1/2 a sec and wholla youve got a locked up front axle.

Drivers side drop = driveshaft on drivers side insted of the pass side.

I understand that the OX and ARB are great but I allready have the other three.

WARWAG

If your going to be driving her on the street much then a limited slip option would be your best option. Not sure if I would want a locker on the front during the winter time on icey roads. Mine has I believe a Trac Loc which if that is indeed what it is then it works great off and on the road. Mine is a stock M1028.

ODdave

Eh, no. My best option is Not to spend another $1000 on this truck for a diff. It is to use one of the 3 I listed which I allredy own, I was just curious to peoples opinions about those 3.

Buying a house right now and just dont want to be hemoraging money on this truck.

ODdave

I should re-word, I would prefer NOT to spend another 1K on this truck as it could be better spent on the house I am purchasing. I would like to use the best of the 3 diff's I allredy have.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
95 % of your driving on paved roads the hubs will be unlocked , on dirt roads it doesn't matter . I always liked my International travelalls with all-wheel drive on ice and snow , you just about can't get one stuck in the snow.

Matt1031

For ease? I don't understand why you would want to put a Ford Dana 60 (driver side drop) under an M1028 when the Chevy Dana 60 that's already under there fits perfectly.

Awful lot of work for not much gain. You want a high pinion that badly?

ODdave

For ease? I don't understand why you would want to put a Ford Dana 60 (driver side drop) under an M1028 when the Chevy Dana 60 that's already under there fits perfectly.

Awful lot of work for not much gain. You want a high pinion that badly?
Im not puting a high pinion in it,

Read my sig line. I want drivers drop so I can run 4in exhaust. It is a very tight fit with the pipe and drive shaft on the same side. And looks stupid with nothing on the drivers.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks