• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Front axle two vent lines 1088

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK I did look through some TM's I swear. I have two vent lines connected to the passenger side mid axle housing. I removed both and put some air to both. One I can hear the one and it seems to be right above the front axle just hard to see where it ends but is up in the frame. The other there is a release of air but I can not figure out where it ends up. I am turning the 1088 into a off road mud truck to just use at the local mud pit. I am / want to relocate all three axle vents to a much higher point. I just want to be sure to cap off the one I can not find the end too if it goes somewhere that might take on water. Tanks

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK do not like to get dirty too much but hot not fun. 1088 one vent line goes up through truck frame work and mine ends up under the cab horse shoe support bracket. The other line I believe goes into the cab and is hooked to the air / electric solenoids. One is for the engine fan and the other if I remember is the mode function solenoid that in gages the center axle interlock and full power to front axle. I am thinking the axle vent is hooked to the engine fan solenoid and that is just where the fan solenoid dumps it's air. I will keep digging hot and dirty as I need find the end of the vent hose.

Last edited:

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I thought the line went into the cab and ended up under the fuse panel and I was wrong. Now come to find out both MTV and LMTV have two lines coming off the front axle. As said I could trace one that was an open axle vent and as said goes to the cab support bracket. The line that is closer to the chunk of the axle on mine is the one I am having trouble chasing down. I tried to open up the wiring /air line harness just before going under and through the cab but things got tight. So I am still going through the TM's but I do not see anything that talks about this line and where it starts or what it connects to. Tanks

Attachments

Kbarnes0

I thought the line went into the cab and ended up under the fuse panel and I was wrong. Now come to find out both MTV and LMTV have two lines coming off the front axle. As said I could trace one that was an open axle vent and as said goes to the cab support bracket. The line that is closer to the chunk of the axle on mine is the one I am having trouble chasing down. I tried to open up the wiring /air line harness just before going under and through the cab but things got tight. So I am still going through the TM's but I do not see anything that talks about this line and where it starts or what it connects to. Tanks

Im still getting up to speed on this stuff. I noticed both on mine but hadn't dove into it yet.

The line that goes to the fan I belive is air supply for the power divider in the top of the center differential?

Could that other line be the supply for the CTIS? I thought the air traveled through the axle housing to the hubs.

Just my first thoughts

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yea the two solenoids that are connected together on the 5 ton one is engine fan and the other is power divider. CTIS is at the end of the axle housing and much bigger line. The line in question also turns into a smaller Synflex plastic line at the frame. Something in the system dischargers air into the axle. I disconnect the line in question and tried to add air to it to see if I could hear air escaping and trace it down. It would not take air so it is not a pressure vent for the axle as that is what the other line does.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks