• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Front end sh-sh-sh-sh-aking!

SierraHotel

Sunday, I finally got the wife to drive my Deuce :D . Went out onto the Interstate and did 55 for about 20 miles and then took back roads back. Had no issues. Got back, let it sit for about 5 hours and then took the family and neighbor out for a spin. Felt a little vibration (almost like having knobby tires) on the way out and stopped to visit my monster-in-law for a few minutes. On the way back, the vibration started getting more pronounced (like having BIG knobby tires) :( . When I was a mile from home plate, the entire cab started shaking :shock: (no one in the bed noticed any shaking, but did hear it up front a few times). When I was in 3rd going up a moderate small hill, it calmed down somewhat, but started back up once I crested the hill (I kept the RPM steady up and over the hill). I parked it and have not had a chance to play with it yet :oops: , but the 3 day weekend is coming.
Anyone got any ideas?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check your lugnuts.

rmgill

Check lug nuts. Also tire condition. Make sure there's not a big lump on the tire. Look at it close BEFORE YOU TOUCH THEM. A swollen bit could let go if you disturb it.

One of the members had a broken belt in a tire let go and watched it grow before his eyes and blow out.

devilman96

If all of the above is fine... Check your gear box for play, you should know by how loose your end play in the wheel is... Then the drag link... Then tie rod ends... and finally the king pin bushings... The TM covers all.

n1bnc

You may want to jack up the front end and spin the tires and watch the treads for the broken belt. it will become obvious when you see "movement" when watching the tire spin as there will be a sudden jog :shock:

This is assuming the lugnuts are tight.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks