• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Front running lights M35a2 ??

harry

Any one know if theri should be front running lights on a 1968 M35a2

all of my other lights work , their in no front amber lights , ecpet when blinkers are blinking ,
would be the top bulb in light bucket thats not lighting

thanks for any help Harry

m109guy

Not as standard equipment, no. The two front amber lights are only used as turn signals. Though I believe the M35A3 comes with them on the front and rear of the truck.

We had to install them here on our trucks to pass a safety check as well not to be harassed by the transport police.

GoHot229

There is a setting for running lights on the three lever switch in front of your left knee, yes But it will not run along with headlights at the same time, its one or the other. Lights and turn signals or no headlights, running lights and turn signals

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a setting for running lights............, it will not run along with headlights at the same time, its one or the other. Lights and turn signals or no headlights, running lights and turn signals

Question is why so? For convoy- driving, just headlights on ?

I found this to be a problem too: during nighttime it is mandatory here to have running lights, markers AND headlights on, all at the same time. Guess this is required elsewhere, too?

An easy way for me to solve this was by jumping terminals L and H out of the light switch socket. That way with main switch in position SERV. DRIVE and aux. sw. OFF one can have all (non B-O) lights together.
SERV. DRIVE and PARK gives all but HL. Same case should be for main in STOP LIGHT and aux. in PARK, according to my diagram below. But for some strange reason it doesn't work... no running lights! Maybe I'm wrong and the circuits are a little different????? or it's this brand new chin-chu-lin replacement switch......:x

G.

Attachments

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a deuce that has a different light switch assembly, that is all buttons. Is this covered anywhere?
The wiring is the same. To have your front parking lights on with your headlights, you can bypass the switch and easily run a wire from the trailer connector harness to the front parking light harness. Wire #491 in the front to #21 at the rear.

infidel got me

My ft.amber lites are inop w/headlamps on as well.

Can you just jump ft.running lamp[side marker] with ft.amber[park lamp]at harness under fender.

I realize both amber lights would flash,when using turn signals,but euro-cars do this as well.

Would this work or not? I think #20 is the side marker wire,not sure on park lamp wire #.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My ft.amber lites are inop w/headlamps on as well.

Can you just jump ft.running lamp[side marker] with ft.amber[park lamp]at harness under fender.

I realize both amber lights would flash,when using turn signals,but euro-cars do this as well.

Would this work or not? I think #20 is the side marker wire,not sure on park lamp wire #.
I would assume so, but I don't have side marker lights and they are not on my schematic for the M35. Parking lamp wire should still be #491.
Wire #20 appears to be for the blackout markers.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks