• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Front tires wont take air

pigpen60

I have a problem with a 900 series dump truck with non-functioning CTIS. I tried to check the air and didnt get a reading so I thought it was flat. Tried to put air in it and it wont take air. Its just the front tires, Ideas?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I have a problem with a 900 series dump truck with non-functioning CTIS. I tried to check the air and didnt get a reading so I thought it was flat. Tried to put air in it and it wont take air. Its just the front tires, Ideas?
If the ctis valve is still on it then remove the valve core from the ctis valve and remove the whole valve and install the valve core directly into the valve stem on the wheel.

pigpen60

There are schrader valves on the outside of the front wheels and the inside of the rear. I admit to being ignorant of the CTIS and the truck in general.

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do the tires look flat? No air, I guarantee you it WILL be flat.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are schrader valves on the outside of the front wheels and the inside of the rear. I admit to being ignorant of the CTIS and the truck in general.
Someone has instaled valve cores in the valve stems on the outside, under the wheel valve hose, these need to be removed before the ctis, or wheel valve stems can be used. You can use the valve stems on the inside of the front wheels as normal, but they are hard to get to with the brake drums.

Last edited:

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Adjustments.jpgThis wheel is in the rear position, but will give you the same idea. You need to remove your ctis cover/guard, then unscrew the hose end I have circled in red. If there is a vale core in the stem under it, you need to remove the core then reattach the hose without it, in order to be able to check pressure, or add air through the valve stem on you wheel valve.

pigpen60

Ok I was doing my every other week tire air up today and I pulled the front CTIS guards off and pulled the hose from the wheel valve to the valve stem. 5TonCTIS.jpegThe right tire was at 0 PSI and the left was at 45 PSI. Would anyone know what the fitting on the wheel valve is(flare...others I cant remember right now)? The truck is in the western side of the county and I live in the east side so I dont have quick and easy access. Crap, I just re-read JBULACH's post about removing the valve core and re-attaching the hose. Soo need to write a note to do that next visit.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks