• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ft Leonard Wood, MO - anyone nearby? Recovery soon

markmontana

Anyone live close to Ft Leonard Wood? I'm recovering a truck in the next two weeks and could use a hand. I'll be running solo, so an extra body would be a big help. Even if you're a new guy and wondering about the recovery process, I would be appreciative for any help.

The plan is to fly into St Louis, rent a car and drive over to Ft LW. Recover the truck, get it ready to roll and head home. My schedule is open, but the invoice cleard so it will be happening soon.

Looking forward to getting to know some of you in MO.

Attachments

jamieboy

Hey glad you got her home. Nice looking truck. I won a 109 also in Columbus and am waiting on the EUC. However they moved the truck to Maryland. Waiting to hear more. What was your brake issue? Would love to hear as it may be something that will come my way if I ever get to pick mine up. Did your's start up Ok on arrival?? Any other issues? Thanks.;-)

markmontana

... waiting on the EUC.

What was your brake issue?

Did your's start up Ok on arrival?? Any other issues? Thanks.;-)
My first EUC took about 90 days- now they're back in a few days at most, except the last one took 3 weeks- go figure.

I lost the brake switch on the airpack- it appears to have shorted out and melted, then sheared off. Allowed the brake fluid to pump straight out onto the road! I will always have a spare switch on future trips. Lucky my good friend maccus had the part on hand and... well that's another story... would have been screwed if he didn't have the part or time to assist.

The truck had good batteries and fired right up- but I knew that in advance from talking with the GL guys. No other issues- already gutting the box cleaned for camper conversion. Good luck on your issue with GL, and I hope you get to recover your truck.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks