• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel Filter Heater leak - help

HeadWizard

Yes, I searched the forum with no luck. Wiki no help. So I'm asking the SS experts.

I've got a fuel leak coming from the top of the fuel filter housing on my M1009. -34P Parts manual shows the offending part as "Heater Assembly, Fuel". The part with the 2 wires coming out of it in the picture (yes, I stole the pic from another post). It's coming from between the filter base and the "heater", not from the heater internally.

1- How does this heater come out? pull it? screw it?
2- Anyone else had this problem?
3- Yes, I verified this was where the leak was.
4- Yes, I checked and actually replaced the broken screw in plug immediately next to the heater. Got it from the Chevy dealer. Cost more than a filter element :evil:

Thanks for any help you can give.

Attachments

ida34

I think you need the whole filter base. If I remember correctly they go bad often and need replacement. I may be wrong and someone else that has had it apart can chime in.

jvlmed

I just replaced the whole unit about 3 months ago (mine was leaking from the pressure switch). Go to www.oem-surplus.com, select chevrolet and scroll down. You will come across the whole unit including a new filter for 49.95. A great deal:-D. Their part # is 12471725.

jvlmed

I just remembered the new unit is not drilled out for the pressure switch ( which I have read is not needed for civilian use). I understand this was for diagnostic testing in the military. I have had no issues since replacement.

HeadWizard

I pulled the heater out and tried several o-rings to seal it up with no luck. Makes no sense. Am just going to order a new one. Thanks for the help.

ida34

I just replaced the whole unit about 3 months ago (mine was leaking from the pressure switch). Go to www.oem-surplus.com, select chevrolet and scroll down. You will come across the whole unit including a new filter for 49.95. A great deal:-D. Their part # is 12471725.
That is a good price. The pressure switch is for diagnostic use only. You can go without it unless you want to keep it "stock" or plan to use a STE ICE to work on it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks