• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel gauge hit n miss

Carolina1010

Hi guys,
Everything I have found on here has led me to believe I have a bad resistor on back of gauge or a bad sending unit.....
But this morning my normally half full gauge when actually full, and seemingly correctly working anything under a half tank was reading full.....
Not way over past full but just a hair past full like would be normal at a fill up,
I know tank isn't full, and it only did it till I shut down, and is now reading at half tank again
I'm confusing myself trying to figure this one out....... anyone have have any insight in to this puzzle??

chevymike

A bad or dirty ground at the tank sending unit (or anywhere else for that matter) can cause funky gauge reading. Before getting too deep, you might want to check the sending unit ground at the tank and the frame (i.e. remove and clean to bare metal, the contact points).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks