• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel leak on the return line, M929

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My wife and I were headed to a Parade in Mesa, AZ this weekend. On the way to the Parade I started to run out of fuel in one tank so I switched to the right side tank. We had to stop at a car wash to wash the dust off from our dirt road and I noticed fuel all down the side of the fuel tank and on the tires. I checked it out and could not see the leak so I switched back to the left tank and drove 1/2 mile to get some fuel in the left tank.
It was good we only drove about 4 miles on that tank because it was coming out big time.

Well we made it home with out anymore problems.
The next morning I started looking for the leak and it turns out it was under the plate over the top of the tank. It looks like when they rebuilt the truck they moved the fuel lines and the top plate was rubbing on them.

So if you have a right side tank be sure to check the fuel lines below the top plate.

Attachments

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think the tractors will have the same fuel lines.
I looked at my M932A2 and it has a cut out for the lines in the plate.
Guess I'm not the first one to have this problem.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks