• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel pump- Hydrolic head O ring help...

Towerguy1

Naturally as usual I've waited to the last minute for this.....

I have fuel in the base, Ive bypassed the FDC, still leaks so...
I ordered a rebuild kit for the pump and my plan is to replace the o rings in the hydrolic head. Can I get away with just lifting it off carefully, replace the rings and reassemble? or should I set the timeing marks ( yes the smart way I know)

Just tring to get ready for the parade in a last minute hurry like always.... Thanks

Towerguy1

I thought so, I just wanted to be shure before I did it. Hopefully that fixes it. and it's not the booster pump. It loaded the base with about 3 gallons of fuel in about 35 miles. Got to be carefull with todays fuel prices!!!

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
you must remove all the injector lines and line up the red marked tooth with the pointer. this is not a timing mark, rather an indicator of position of head drive gear and is the only position the head will easily lift off. if you have to pull, you will break parts. when you put it back make sure the red tooth lines up or it will not run. all in all very simple job. hope this clarifies a little

Towerguy1

Is this mark inside the fuel shutoff cable cover? How easily should it come off? Have it mostly dissasembled, just waiting to get soldier B to help line up the marks. Just want to be sure before I pull the head off the pump. Guess I should invest in a remote starter button!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks