• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel Stabilizer

Loose Deuce

What is a good Diesel Fuel Stabilizer or additive to but in Fuel for long term storage or is that possible. I looked at my local wal-mart but could only find stabilizers for Gas.:?:

Loose Deuce

What I got is several drums of the Off Road Diesel w/the dye. I got some when it was just under 2.00 a gallon for my Farm Tractor and Yes I will use it in my Deuce if i'm in a tight.

Chief_919

Honestly, not much is needed for long term storage if you buy clean, dry fuel, put it in a clean, dry, unvented container, and store it with the conatiner nearly full with little air to allow condesation.

Water is the enemy, and water causes most of the problems with stored diesel.

I have run 12 year old diesel stored like that with no problems.

That said, Pri-D is a good insurance to add and is not very expensive. It works like a champ. If your container has some residual sludge or water and you can't fully drain and clean it, or you think some water may get in, a biocide like Bio-Kleen could be warranted. But in 99% of cases I would say some Pri-D would be more than enough, if it is even needed at all. But the Pri-D is a good all-around additive to it is worth using regardless.

Bill W

Having been in the marine fuel cleaning business for 27 years
I like"Diesel Kleen" by Power Service products ( its in the silver bottle ) For a off the shelf product .Advanced auto sells it. Its a great stabilizer and helps prevent fungus ( aka algae) growth. If you already have a micro growth problem then "Bio Kleen" by Power Service, its great at stopping growth but does not havea stabilizer in it.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks