• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel tank FUBAR

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I just discovered that the fuel tank on the CUCV I have is rusted beyond repair. My first clue was when it wouldn't start due to lack of fuel after having topped it off a few weeks ago. It stays on the farm and is driven very little. I noticed I often smelled fuel when I was around it but it was a small seepage and only really leaked when it was parked in a certain position.
I found the sheet from GSA that was with it when I picked it up and low and behold was the following in the remarks section: FUEL TANK LEAKS.
So my question is has anyone ever replaced the tank on a CUCV with a civy repopped one or one from Chevy? If so can you send me a link to where to get one. I really don't want to try to restore the old one. Thanks.

ehuppert

As stated, available at flaps. (Spectra is the brand). Also can be had cheaper on ebay, but i purchased locally due to concerns with shipping damage. Also will want new straps and new sending unit. Look up as 84 K30 with the diesel....

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Richard, I think I have a spare blazer tank here, it's yours if you want it. No idea the condition though.

ssdvc

Can you fit the 31 gallon in the M1009? I didn't think it would fit.

ssdvc

Thanks Doghead. I saw that thread and a few others, but it is still a bit confusing, thus the question. I think I'll get the 31 set up and if it fits, I'm good. If it doesn't, I'll start over.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks