• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FYI!!! HEMTT rims....

dm22630

I wanted to see how the hemtt rim would look on my M813 this evening....so I pulled the stock rim off & put the hemtt rim on. Just so everyone knows, the stock wheel studs are too short for these rims. Looks like they need to be AT LEAST another 1/2" longer.

Does anyone know the part # that I need for the correct studs?

Thanks!

Attachments

Last edited:

grounded

Banned
actually i been flying back and forth cause i can fly for a 1/3 the cost of driving. but if guys out there or on the way get to wanting some things out west. i will be more then glad to load stuff up and haul it out that way. OR get to froggy ill drive a truck out and fly home ;)

MilitaryRestoration

GOOD JOB! area52 wins prize :) You can take the rear budcaps put them on first then put the wheels on and then use the rear nuts and you are fine :) secret is out :-/ was fun while it lasted :)
btw they are beveled however it is because they are a bit longer as well that it all adds to them being long enough

Last edited:

KsM715

So do the rears go on with or without the budcapps under them? Are these wheels hub-centric? That skinny stud in such a wide hole sure doesnt look safe.

dm22630

I checked it out on my truck today. The budcap trick is what I needed...THANKS! :)

You will need to put the budcaps on ALL the wheel studs before you put the lugs on (front & rear). It gives the extra length needed, and it also fills in the hole a lot better.

dm22630

I will post the Euclid part # here tomorrow when I call my truck shop.

Luckily, they are still in production & are readily available. You will also need the L&R rear lugs to go on them! ;)

dm22630

:ditto: I don't think I understand still what to do??:?:

All 3 axles use the same L&R wheel studs.

A budcap is what holds the inner rear tires on, and then the outer rear is placed over the budcap & is held on with a rear lug.

Front lugs have a small inner hole that holds directly to the stud.

Rear lugs have a large inner hole that holds directly onto the budcap.

Basically, by putting a budcap on the front or rear studs first, you are getting an extra 1" of "stud", so you can safely install the HEMTT rims.

dm22630

Do the budcaps need to be machined so the wheel will still sit tight up against the hub?

I guess it could be done. I am not worrying about it unless they somehow loosen up, and then all I will do is change out the studs w/longer ones.

Keep in mind, these will be torqued to around 400lbs....not much will loosen up.

2cents

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks