• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

G749 Gauge Replacement

USMC 00-08

My M135 has civilian temperature and oil pressure gauges and I would like to convert them back to military. With the old military gauges being quite high in price, will the gauges and sending units from more modern military trucks such as the M35/M800/M900 series work? I know that the newer gauges will have Packard connectors instead of the Douglas connectors. Will converting over to Packard connections work?

Lastly I am needing a fuel tank sending unit. Will one for an M35A2 work?

nattieleather

The M-series gauges will work and you may not need to convert them to get them to work. The fuel sender should work, but it may not be accurate. Pull yours out and see how it measures up to the the replacement. The if the new one is shorter you'll read empty before you really are and if the new one is longer you will be empty before you show you are. That's the only thing to consider. Now it's been since the mid 90's since I've had my M211 so I'm going from foggy memory here and I don't remember if the sending unit on the M135/211 is the same round mill standard as say the M35's so your milage as they say may vary.

USMC 00-08

The oil pressure gauge out of a 800 series 5 ton works. They are 0-120 psi. The military gauge hooked right into the civilian copper tube that was already installed and worked perfectly.

USMC 00-08

I forgot to add that I tried a fuel sending unit out of an M818 that I got the oil pressure gauge out of. That sending unit is, I believe, the same as in the M35A2. The float bends toward the front of the truck instead of toward the passenger side of the truck and will not work, since the float can not read full, due to a cross piece in the fuel tank that keeps the float from raising all the way. My gauge did work with the M818 sending unit, so now I know the gauge isn't bad.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks