• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gama Goat wheel bearing adjustment procedure?

AMGeneral

Ok,maybe I am missing it,but do the TM's downloaded on SS contain the proper procedure for adjusting the wheel bearings on a Gama Goat after repacking them?

I am going through the brakes and figured I might as well clean and repack the bearings while I am down this far.

Maybe my eyes are crossing after reading too many lines and I am missing it?

Jericho

Guys, you can follow the basic TM procedure, but ive found the torque tight, spin tire and tighten until you get resistence and loosen half turn , repeat then run it and check torque in a few days works best for me .

dmetalmiki

TM-2320-242-20 Has it. But the method above is good. I just tighten with wheel rotating forward gently but firmly, then ease back one locking tab.

AMGeneral

Thanks guys,that's pretty much what I did,torque to 170 ft/lbs while rotating wheel,then I backed off the nut a total of 2 tabs,I didn't notice any play and they rotated easily.

3 out of the 6 wheels were VERY loose,as in I could shake the wheel almost 1/2 inch,so I defineitly was correct in packing and adjusting the bearings while I was in there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks