• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gasser deuce with civvy distributor and 12v parts

silverbullet72tnt

My 53 Stude I just aquired seems to have a civilian dizzy in it and the whole truck including starter has been converted to 12v by the fire dept who used to own it.

I am lost as to where to start looking for ignition parts..... What other makes and models did the OA331 come in? I need something to give the napa guys for a make and model

I have another motor for a spare with 24v ignition in it, but Id like to get it running and driving before swapping. I may leave it 12v for ease of use and go for a "close enough" resto. it should make things like electronic ignition and even running a hidden MSD box easier to deal with.

Not looking for a power increase with something like MSD box, more for the cleaning up of the idle etc. I have one in my stroker mustang and the idle quality got much better after installing an MSD, no more fuel smell or fouled plugs.

I havent dug real deep into it yet, but would like to start on the parts search and get stuff coming. It hasnt run in about 10 years or so.

Barrman

The Gasser M35 trucks are kind of the red headed step child of the MV world. Thousands of them existed yet parts are hard to find because most every organization or person that owned them just threw everything away to convert to multifuel. Memphis and Antelope Valley have had parts when I call in the past. I am sure other places do as well, but with such low demand. Nothing is ever put on the websites.

Crazyguyla

Memphis probably stock both, I know they had a civvy ignition conversion in their parts catalogue. If you look on the distributor for a model number, I know NAPA can cross-reference it for parts. I had the young guy the other day scrambling through paper manuals to cross-reference the belts for my OA331.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks