• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gearbox needed

TacticalTruck

So we got this job to adapt a Husky suspension onto a Meerkat. We got it all done and I put it in first gear to pull it out of the shop and the thing, which we call a Musky, went backwards. Turns out the pinion in the Husky rotates reverse from the Meerkat. I nned to find a drop box that will reverse the direction of the driveshaft. Any ideas?
Jeff

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I have a winch drive box that the pto goes in the top turning clockwise and comes out the bottom turning counter-clockwise. Got any of those laying around?

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe flip the axle? That would reverse the rotation.

Looking at the axle like this, l--0--l , flip right and left.

Dennis

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Profab transfer case folk could build a drop box to rectify this problem but they aren't cheap.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
No, I stripped it off a civy winch truck. I will go over to my buddy's shop and see if it is still in the pile I stripped off the truck, maybe post some pics.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks