• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gen set trailer wiring harness update

mciikurzroot

Supporting Vendor
2-3 months ago I posed the question about finding the mating receptical to typical trailer cable plugs that plug into the towing vehical. Several good ideas were proffered and several others offerd the matching receptical, but in the end various factors nothing was coming together for me to make something work. But in the ideas and discussions someone told about a pre made cable offered by Ericks Military Surplus in Ca. But it seemed pricy so I held off figuring I'd pull something together and make it work. Last week I gave that idea up and called Erik and ordered the cable at $78.00 . It arrived today, so of course I did what I do best with something new and took it apart to review the construction and quality with a look toward total serviceability. The cable is well constructed, good quality cable, although its vinyl jacket this vinyl is the softer style, not the hard inflexible style, the trailer end connector looked ok, but on closer look the boot was not just the typical slip fit, this one is formed rubber around a threaded brass ring. The 6 blade commercial plug is well built and has brass tangs . I omitted the cord is 4' and that is ample for my expected needs.
So my point while a bit pricy the quality and construction make it comparable or better if I took the time to try and round it all up and fabricate it myself.
Part # is X-6034 and contact number is 760-520-1523 or he has an internet site and that can be reviewed ..
I have no afflation with this vendor..

Thanx: mac/mc

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks