• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

General Granite gets a turbo

jsthnt@gmail.com

I have instaled a C turbo in General Granite. I am installing a pyro but it is not here yet.
I have not changed the timing yet, but some threads say to leave it wear it is.
So if I have it change the timing could someone post some pictures of how to do this.
And if I should leave the timing like it is, could someone tell me the reasoning for not changing the timing.
Thanks

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I actually saw the truck (I ended up with the bed in the pic) and I seem to remember it had a turbo. It's been awhile so I could be wrong though.

Edit: I went back and looked at the pic. Small stack. That would indicate NA.

If that's the case, I'd set the timing to whatever a mutifuel turbo engine sets at according to the TM.

Last edited:

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I actually saw the truck (I ended up with the bed in the pic) and I seem to remember it had a turbo. It's been awhile so I could be wrong though.

Edit: I went back and looked at the pic. Small stack. That would indicate NA.

If that's the case, I'd set the timing to whatever a mutifuel turbo engine sets at according to the TM.
The build thread is here.
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/37843-xtreme-4x4-deuce-bobbed-spike-tv.html

and the For sale ad here.
Xtreme4x4 Deuce - Steel Soldiers::Military Vehicles Supersite
$10 G.

And the show can be seen here. Episodes #119, 121, and 127.
Powerblock | Tips For Restoring Cars, Trucks | Full Episodes | Spike | Powerblock TV: Xtreme 4x4 | Season 3 | Free Full Episodes | Spike

jsthnt@gmail.com

No it was a non-turbo so I installed a C turbo which has cut down the smoke and noise tremendously. I'm just not sure about advancing the timing on it. Some say to do it and others say not to. I will be installing a muffler as well. When I got General Granite it was a pretty plain deuce with a few suspension and electrical modifications and no engine modifications.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks