• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Generator fault, need help.

hrbergeron

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Need help. Need to get back running because power is out. The generator was running fine and when I looked outside at the panel I saw 160 volts on each phase. Turned off the output and now it won't put out any voltage. The "LOW FUEL/STOPPED" warning light is on. The fuel is not low and is full. Generator is a DRASH Hanco 20kw.

Attachments

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wish I could be of assistance, but I have no experience with the DRASH sets. Dumb question... but have you reached out to the company on the data plate, or are they less than willing to help out civilians?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Only advice I can give is open the panel and look for connectors that may have come undone from vibration.

uniquify

I'm not familiar with this genset either. Can you take another picture of the panel, but zoom out a little more so you get the whole thing?

Does it have a Battle Short switch that you can use to temporarily bypass this fault?

What is the normal starting sequence? Do you have to hold the start switch until the oil pressure comes up like on the smaller MEP's.

hrbergeron

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This unit is not similar to MEP units. No battle short and you can not flip the start switch to energize the unit.

Opened all the panels and checked all the connections. Nothing obviously wrong.

Called HANCO about it, I talked to a service representative. If the low fuel indicator is on, the unit will not energize. Wasnt able to help me much further than that. Recommended I jump the wires to the fuel gauge sender, but no luck.

Looked at the TM published on here. It is a basic operator manual. Very little maintenance and work diagrams are part of it.

Attachments

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
" If the low fuel indicator is on, the unit will not energize "
That is your issue. There is probably a second sensor in the fuel tank that lights this up. Jump it off.

hrbergeron

Steel Soldiers Supporter
" If the low fuel indicator is on, the unit will not energize "
That is your issue. There is probably a second sensor in the fuel tank that lights this up. Jump it off.
I jumped it as directed by the HANCO service rep and it did not solve the issue. They said that there could be an internal fault in the control board that is illuminating the warning light.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks