• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Generators in Parallel Operation

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,

3 x MEP-1030 5kw AMMPS generators in parallel
3 x AMMPS 5kw in parallel load share without switchbox.
The generator needs to support working in parallel. The control cable needs to be connected to each unit operating in parallel. The 3rd generation AMMPS generators 5kw-60kw have built in parallel support.

First unit in parallel mode is the master, AMMPS generators auto sync and connect for load share. AMMPS generators in parallel can connect to a load through a switchbox, or without. The control cable is plugged into each unit's DCS parallel port. It shares the load between units. These are connected to a Essex A427 load bank, and I am applying a 15kw load.

What is AMMPS generators

AMMPS MEP-1030 5KW Generator

Last edited:

jamawieb

I can't wait till I can get my hands on one. I remember when the Tactical Quiet units started to surface, I was just as excited.

TrailLifeBill

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Feeling guilty lusting after this genp0rn. Man, I'd love to have a few of those!! (No need for them, but REALLY would love to have them.)

Last edited:

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,

Since they have the electronic military to support. All the AMMPS maintain a steady clean 120v 60Hz output.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks