• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Geneva FL: July 4th Parade on Wednesday 7/4/18

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Geneva FL July 4th Parade takes place on July 4th. This may sound redundant, but many municipalities hold parades before or after the calendar day.

Lineup Location: Geneva Elementary School Parking Lot, 275 First Street Geneva 32732
Lineup time starts at 8:30AM
There is no lineup number – just show up at the Elementary School. Our MV’s line up around the bus circle close to the building.

More details:
Festivities begin at 8:30 a.m. with a classic car show at Geneva Elementary School. The official start of the parade is at 10:00 a.m., when antique aircraft roar over the crowd (weather permitting). The parade winds around the streets of Geneva, and ends up back at the Elementary School for the car show.

Following the parade and car show, we'll convoy over to Rock & Brews in Oviedo.
7131 Red Bug Lake Road 32765
http://www.rockandbrews.com/oviedo/
There are PLENTY of parking spaces for Deuces, 5 tons, and trailers!! The food and music are REALLY GOOD!! :)

The restaurant needs a head count. Please let me know if you plan on joining us for lunch. Please RSVP on this thread or via PM. Hope y’all can make it!!

Thanks!

ODFever

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have MORE bad news. :-( This afternoon I was diagnosed with an inguinal hernia. There is no strangulation. I need surgery, and soon. I’m in an excruciating amount of pain.

I don’t know at this point if I will attend the parade or lunch. I can’t think that far ahead right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ODFever

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you, Chaplain. I just started a thread in your Corner. I appreciate and welcome your prayers.

ODFever

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I won't be at the parade. My M1009 still needs a lot of work and can't be driven. I'm not authorized by my surgeon to drive a manual transmission vehicle. In fact, I'm not allowed to drive at all right now because of the pain medications I'm on.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I won't be at the parade. My M1009 still needs a lot of work and can't be driven. I'm not authorized by my surgeon to drive a manual transmission vehicle. In fact, I'm not allowed to drive at all right now because of the pain medications I'm on.
I think most parades have limitations on orderly conduct. Both DUI and not being able to stay in a straight line could be a problem for the PARADE POLICE.

Sit on the sidelines and be a spectator. Support those who do turn out to parade their MV's and celebrate Independence Day !

Get well soonly :driver:

ODFever

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm not able to handle 95 degrees and 95% humidity. I have to keep my feet elevated to reduce swelling. The 60 mile round trip journey in any vehicle would be too painful. I'm still using a cane to get out of chairs and off my bed. I can walk short distances, but it hurts a lot even with my regular doses of painkillers. I'll just stay home. There's no sense in causing additional damage and feeling more pain.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm not able to handle 95 degrees and 95% humidity. I have to keep my feet elevated to reduce swelling. The 60 mile round trip journey in any vehicle would be too painful. I'm still using a cane to get out of chairs and off my bed. I can walk short distances, but it hurts a lot even with my regular doses of painkillers. I'll just stay home. There's no sense in causing additional damage and feeling more pain.
Indeed - Follow the doctor's orders.

That 95/95 weather would be like swimming to the parade anyway.... and I doubt that they have you signed up for the water-aerobic-rehab yet.

Stay in the Medic Tent until you can return to the front lines.

Happy Independence Day !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks