• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Georgia Rally Accommodations

Status
Not open for further replies.

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
Ok guys trying to get a headcount for the rally and get a hard count on who wants to do some primitive (free, no facilities) camping near (less than five miles away) from the pavillions. Please vote once for each person in your party....

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I voted "nearby hotel"-but the girlfriend and I are staying at the lodge in Unicoi State Park. It has wi-fi (and showers) :D

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Oh, it goes without saying that me and clinto g/f will be there.

With the M35A2 and M105A1

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm not sure what way to vote yet. Dman has 2 spots at the campground but I'd rather go where the action is. I'd say primitive but only if there will be some others there too. Still need to check with JW4x4 to see if he's interested. If he is I'll have him drag down the GP Medium. Another wrench in the soup, I was just advised that my days off wre changing and I have to work weekends now so getting off work may become an issue. Work is such an inconvience.

rmgill

Primitive would be fine with me. I don't have a lot of my camping kit. It's all up with the Deuce. Any chance someone has a spare cot I can borrow? I need to pick up an M1945 CP tent on my way down.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll be there, along with dad (herc69) and maybe the wife if she can get off work.

We will be primative camping. I sleep better on the ground! :D

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So I am guessing there are quite a few more than 11 going. Where is "the place" to primative camp? Don't care if in the park or close by, but like Kenny said want to be where everyone else is. Any input????

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Do they have port-a-pots? I'm too old and creaky to squat over a hole.
Can we park the dueces close enough to rack out in the back?
The weather should be cool enough to make camping out pretty nice.
I like the idea of swapping lie.......errr stories around a campfire.
They just cut a big oak tree near me and I can bring firewood if needed.
I have a big cast iron griddle I can bring for morning hotcakes and sausage.
Me and FT will be trying to operate on the cheap. We plan on bringing a lot of our own chow (of course we'll be glad to share and eat some of yours too :) ).

devilman96

Restrooms and showers are avaliable in the normal camp sites, primative is well... You and your towletpaper in the woods!!!

Like Kenny said I have one of the double RV spots with water and power, no RV but they are camp sites also and being 40 foot with a deuce and and trailer its a good fit. Each has a BBQ as do the normal camp sites in the park. Chuckles is also comming from Jax with his new Pinz 712 6X6 and also has the same type spot... He Kenny and I are looking at being there sometime LATE Thursday night... Im SURE you will hear us comming in he he he...

http://gastateparks.org/info/unicoi/ ... They dont have much info on the sites but you can call and askl questions if need be... Id make reservations if you need a spot with showers and a crapper near by. Book a double site if you can... For the extra 5$ it cost it might save a fellow MV'er some trouble if space becomes an issue.

devilman96

By the by... I just called the park to add a day to my reservatons and wanted to squeeze some more information out of them... The park is booked solid for the weekend...

EDIT... Also... The park locks the gates at 10 Pm and does not allow vehicle traffic into the camping area, or those whom are travling distances you may want to take this into consideration. They have a parking area to direct you to which you can stay at over night but no set up will be allowed...

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK Folks, looks like I'm coming for sure as long as Westech doesn't back out on the genset deal. I spoke with the War Dept this morning and all is set to go. I changed the transfer case in the tractoo yesterday and am in the process of doing boots and axle shaft seals right now. Here's what I remember so far, I have 8 tires for FT and a springer seat. I have a genset for Westy. I keep no notes so if I'm supposed to bringing you something, please let me know via PM. Tractoo will be ready sometime tomorrow.

Westech

CPL
Kenny send me your addy and I will get a check out to you ASAP. and also the g/f and I will be in the M813 and we need a place (camp site to park) I guess its full up as of now so if there is a place to park we would be thankfull.

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I think you had a perfect M274A5 for me that we agreed on you selling for $500. I'll have your cash at the Rally-thanks Kenny :razz:

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks