• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Georgia Title Law Changes: Need assistance from GA and other States Members

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As many of you may be aware, the fine state of Georgia will not legally title the 900 series trucks or any military truck that is younger than 1986. I have been working behind the scene with different contacts within the Georgia Government to get legislation in place that would change the title law to allow these vehicles to be properly and legally registered.

I am requesting SS members to post to this thread, events, activities or even stories that support how SS members in this hobby use their trucks to honor many things that Americans hold with pride such as liberty, justice and freedom for all.

Examples that I can think of:

· Papabear and the Proud American honoring the Vietnam Vets and their sacrifices
· Papabear and the annual Veterans Day parade honoring our Vets
· My M1009 honoring my nephew's service in Operation Iraq Freedom and his father’s sacrifice
· Other examples would be passing on knowledge to our sons and daughters

The list goes on and on, I would like posts that include a short description of the importance of our hobby to keep these trucks running and on display with the public to honor their place in history. Any pictures would also be helpful.

I have a meeting next Monday with one of the key players who we are trying to get to sponsor the legislation and push through the necessary changes, and I would like to print this thread to include in my write up of the facts.

zout

Having only been in the MV world since 2009 I can only think of one thing that comes to mind immediately upon owning a former military truck - which has now turned into several.

I live in a Non membership sub divison - having owned the truck and neighbors seeing the truck and speaking to them along with also having held several cookouts at the house I see a major increase in neighbors now finally displaying an AMERICAN FLAG in honor of the service personnel in the armed forces - I know this as they have related this to me of why they stepped up and finally bought one.
From the cookout where the MV's display themselves the neighbors have talked to the folks and inquired as to why they own them and were truely impressed with the history given to them.

The key to this thread is newer MV units - but it all started with historic MV units - once some of the owners of historic vehicles pass it will the newer units that continue on the patronage and ability to display them in years to come. I will work on getting pics posted as I can dig them out of the archieves.

Al Harvey

Don't forget about the other threads on here with examples of how private owners with military vehicles have come to the call of their fellow neighbors in times of disaster like the floods in Colorado just recently.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't forget about the other threads on here with examples of how private owners with military vehicles have come to the call of their fellow neighbors in times of disaster like the floods in Colorado just recently.

Al great point, if anyone remembers something that is relavant please do a search and post the links to the thread. That way I can at least get to the data and organize it.

Example posts below:

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I realize that many people have spent a great deal of time on other threads with pictures and information. I did some searching (Love You DH) and found the following. If you are going to post a thread please give a small description and narrative of what the thread is and why important.

Great Posts!

Veterans Day Parade Columbus GA,
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?114465-Veterans-Parade-Columbus-GA

Proud American History
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?71238-Proud-American-Guntruck-History

Proud American Reunion
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?67321-Proud-Americans

2013 Guntruck Gathering
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?110366-Guntruck-Gathering-2013

zout

Historic value to not forget those who served in these vehicles:
A brought back to life 1955 M38A1 and pics of some that served in Viet Nam - these are a couple I have done.AC-1A%20Caribou%207_25_62.jpgDSC05029.jpgDSC05059.jpgjp_11_mike_suckow_700.jpg

zout

Historic value of an 1963 M43B1 Ambulance with great aide of CAMO Columbus - this is also another vehicle I restored with help of the latter - so it can be remembered. Also pictures from of those that served in Viet Nam.100_3623.jpg100_3624.jpgAmbulance.jpgDSC04848.jpgDSC04852.jpgid_m43_dodge_korea_700.jpgPDR_0001.jpgPDR_0002.jpg

Triple C

Someone with better searching skills than I have can probably find it, I couldn't, but don't forget the thread where one of our members used their deuce to carry the casket in a funeral for a WWII vet.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Show some of the parade photos from the 2013 GA SS Rally. Impress upon the lawmaker the economic impact that 100+ trucks have on Greene County, and Durhamtown. Also point out that neighbor states do allow the MV's in question to be titled and driven on the highway.

Triple C

Okay I found it but I don't know how to attach it, here is the thread, "A Day with a Hero - MSgt Oresko's Last Deuce Ride" That member did important work and it took a historic military vehicle to do so.

zout

Former United States Marine Viet Nam Sniper and POW. Built and restored an M38A1 so he could participate in activities the SteelSoldiers members do. This was they day he came to view his jeep in the process of build. Also thanks to Doghead and PaPaBear and CAMO DSC04357.JPGDSC04358.JPGwith no explanations.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks