• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Getting tired of the same ole thing..

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tan/brown

So Tan outside with the brown inside? Like these but with brown interior?

My original thought was to do a CUCV kinda like an old WWII vintage truck with the OD exterior and a worn leather interior...

Attachments

antennaclimber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
David, with the quality work that you do, whatever you decide on will look great. Just make sure you supply us with lots of pictures.

I vote for tan with the Brahma interior, looks like it would be a good match.
Karl

Last edited:

muddobber40

David, I like the Desert Tan, black wheels, and the interior idea we talked about awhile back. It could be because I am tired of doing OD green or woodland camo myself. Change is always good. Thats why my current M1009 build is getting, well will be when I get time, a different color scheme as well.

BTW, the LA truck turned out good

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi Brian, thanks! Now I just need to sell it :D

Also, sent you an e-mail about and item I need if you have one...

David

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The body on this truck is perfect for a 686 Tan paint color, so I might do that and do the interior in a camel/saddle color.

David

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree that tan exteriors look nice.

A saddle interior would look great, imho.

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you asking what color? I also like the black and have done a number of trucks with the tan and black, but the contrast is a bit much. I do like the black and green combo but thought I would try the tan interior color.

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The seats are original and are custom covered from my auto interior upholster. He makes them to my order. The rest is all stock re-dyed to color match. Dash is new, vinyl over foam OEM style.

David

T. Highway

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like the color combination. Can you post a picture of the dash stickers? I will be painting my interior soon and would like to see the proper layout locations.

Thanks,
Bert

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Bert, I will post a pic tomorrow. But I just put them kinda where I think they should go. I do observe where the military put them on the trucks that I restore and try to mimic that to some extent.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks