• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Girlfriend in the next town

Rhino 5/4

I went to see her again and she gave me a little tease and I went all in. Now I guess will have to see if she will kiss and tell. 20220402_140538.jpg20220402_140512.jpg20220402_140444.jpg20220402_140418.jpg

Attachments

INFChief

Rhino 5/4

Lots of potential there. Am curious where the crapper dump tank is - if there is one…..and it ain’t a straight shot to the ground below.
No there is a black water tank contraption directly below. I'll take some pictures next time I'm out. Getting her home will be a bit. I have to work around weekend schedules and everything will need fluid and grease before I flat tow her home. She was bought initially from a FT Hood base auction and all fluids are drained. Not sure how long she has been sitting. The conversion was done on base I suspect. Maybe a previous mmmmmm top secret interrogation chamber?

Guyfang

Staff member
You all over estimate what the military can do to military equipment. Such a transformation is not allowed. OR, if done, has to NOT change the original equipment. Putting a hole in the bed for the crapper would be a no go. And your conversion has to be able to be removed fast, and easy. These two pictures shows a C.P., Command Post we made in the early 70's, and it was to be slid into the bed of a long bed 5 ton, when finished.

Attachments

INFChief

You all over estimate what the military can do to military equipment. Such a transformation is not allowed. OR, if done, has to NOT change the original equipment. Putting a hole in the bed for the crapper would be a no go. And your conversion has to be able to be removed fast, and easy. These two pictures shows a C.P., Command Post we made in the early 70's, and it was to be slid into the bed of a long bed 5 ton, when finished.
We used to box in 2.5 & 5 Ton cargo trucks to haul our repair parts & tools in. By MTOE we were not authorize any enclosed trucks by appropriate NSN so we made our own. Was it “regulation” or authorized? Nope. But no one through Corps ever batted an eye.

Without a boxed bed parts, tools, & TM’s would be absolute trashed. Plus, where would us Infantry guys plug in coffee pots?

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Females tend to get friendlier with the more money you throw at them…I’m sure this one is no different. It’s just a matter of money: how friendly & affectionate do you want her to be?
Ive found the magic point is finding out how much money for the MAX in friendly for the next hour ! Then you you can decide how much longer you could really like her with that first hour information in hand ! YMMV !

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Guyfang

Staff member
We used to box in 2.5 & 5 Ton cargo trucks to haul our repair parts & tools in. By MTOE we were not authorize any enclosed trucks by appropriate NSN so we made our own. Was it “regulation” or authorized? Nope. But no one through Corps ever batted an eye.

Without a boxed bed parts, tools, & TM’s would be absolute trashed. Plus, where would us Infantry guys plug in coffee pots?
Of course, boxing in, was the norm. It never changed the truck, or not much. Probably every company in the Army had at least one, if not more. At the DS level, we took a 129 van and made a shop office in it. The Co. freaked out. "Tear it out!" The Bn. Commander said, "Boys, the reward for good work is, more good work!" So we had to do two more for him. As they did not come out of my hide, it was no skin off my nose.

m715mike

Humm… is that the one from militarytrucks.com in Liberty Hill?

I first saw one of those in Liberty Hill in 2014-2015. It’s the only M109 camper I’ve ever seen that looked to be an on-purpose build by the military. My only guess is that it was some sort of mobile officer’s quarters. There was a bed, desk, cabinets and full bath. As noted above, there was a holding tank directly below the bathroom (behind the rear axel). It was professional built. What I saw was not a unit or field addition.

Congrats @Rhino 5/4 !!!!

Rhino 5/4

Humm… is that the one from militarytrucks.com in Liberty Hill?

I first saw one of those in Liberty Hill in 2014-2015. It’s the only M109 camper I’ve ever seen that looked to be an on-purpose build by the military. My only guess is that it was some sort of mobile officer’s quarters. There was a bed, desk, cabinets and full bath. As noted above, there was a holding tank directly below the bathroom (behind the rear axel). It was professional built. What I saw was not a unit or field addition.

Congrats @Rhino 5/4 !!!!
No from the place in Gatesville. Thanks yall got the best of me last weekend.
I'll have to do some serious investigating to see if I can develop the story behind her.

Rhino 5/4

Deuce owner suggestion. I found some looks like NOS military tires 1100:20 in one of the many crates out there. 900 are pretty well picked through. Will those fit my deuce and would it be worth upgrading especially since the ones on the truck probably dry rot?

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Deuce owner suggestion. I found some looks like NOS military tires 1100:20 in one of the many crates out there. 900 are pretty well picked through. Will those fit my deuce and would it be worth upgrading especially since the ones on the truck probably dry rot?
Look at some of the guys on here put super singles all the way around that looks killer so once you find the wheels you want from then on might be easier to find newer tires when you needed them .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks