• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL at Aberdeen

Mike_Pop

It was a pleasure to see the GL people at Aberdeen. They were very friendly and had a small tent set up with a very warm propane heater.

It was good to meet Robyn, the SS / GL representative. She always had a smile and was eager to greet you.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Robyn, Tim, Lisa and the other GL rep were very nice. I was especially impressed that Robyn drove one of the M813A1s up to Aberdeen from Ft. Meade!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Nothing. I guess some people feel she needs some meat on her bones. I am an equal opportunity molester, it doesn't matter to me.

BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

USMilitarySurplus

RE: Robyn

That's correct for the 5 tons but I think the tanker was $5700 on the dot. That was a good lookin tanker.

And thank you for coming by! It was great to meet you guys.

I need a sandwich? Seriously, I eat all the time. Fast metabolism. And what is it exactly that they say about slim women, hmm??

Mike_Pop

Robyn,

I don't understand why the subject of your appearance should be brought up in this thread. Sound a little judgemental to me. Heck, most of the guys walking around Aberdeen could qualify as severely obese. But nobody mentions that on SS.

Great to meet you! (again)

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

Sorry I missed meeting you in person Robyn. All I heard were nice things about you. The rain kept me pinned down close to home base for most of the rally. I did cruise for parts a bit with my brother and to say hello to other SS folks, but never made it to the other side of the lot. Hope to see you there next year.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Robyn, was a pleasure meeting you, and I thank you again for being on Steel Soldiers. Sometimes SS is a lion's den, and it says a lot about your professionalism and your determination to be here helping us out with our GL issues and our purchases. It takes a lot of guts to step into a thread with 20 or so angry and frustrated folks awaiting SF97s and try to sort the whole mess out, and make everyone happy, and I thank you for your continued help here on Steel Soldiers.

TacticalTruck

Robyn
I'm curious, I did not notice dealer tags on the trucks in the auction at the East Coast Rally and I understand you drove one of the five ton up there yourself. Do you have a CDL since the M813 is over 26,000 GVW? Were the trucks driven up w/o tags?
Jeff

FreightTrain

Banned

Teh M813 doesn't need a CDL per federal guide lines as long as it is not used to haul any stuff for monitary compensation.You can drive a peterbilt without a CDL even though the GVW is 80,000lbs,air brakes,blaa blaa blaa as long as it is not used for a commercial venture(DO NOT put a name on the truck or trailer!!!)....but anyway,I wish I could have come to the show but new job MAKING military stuff kept me away.......I might bitch a bunch on here but nothing against her just the practics of GL.

Dodgeman1941

Technically it was for a commercial purpose, to sell. Also, generally the exception reads "your own" not someone elses. I couldn't hop into my brothers Volvo with the his detachable goose neck and haul his half track to a MV show. I know this because we have discussed how we are going to pull off 2 truck loads of vehicles it we add one more vehicle that requires truck transport. Not to be a pain the the arse, but I just don't want people on SS to assume that it is OK because there is no such thing as "forgiveness" when it comes to DOT, ect.

ida34

RE: Re: RE: Robyn

Did you fight the NC ticket? You should have. Reciprocity agreements are what keep this from happening and if you were legal in your home state you would have been legal in all states. In Michigan you are required provide proof of insurance when stopped. A resident will get a ticket for not producing a proof of insurance certificate. Out of state people are not supposed to get a ticket for this. Sometimes an uninformed officer writes a ticket and our court returns it. Point is I sure NC was wrong based on what you said above. You should have fought the ticket. Below is the NC reciprocity law.

§ 20‑4.8. Automatic reciprocity, when.

On and after July 1, 1961, if no agreement, arrangement or declaration is in effect with respect to another jurisdiction as authorized by this Article, any vehicle properly registered or licensed in such other jurisdiction and for which evidence of compliance supplied shall receive, when operated in this State, the same exemptions, benefits and privileges granted by such other jurisdiction to vehicles properly registered in this State. Reciprocity extended under this section shall apply to commercial vehicles only when engaged exclusively in interstate operations. (1961, c. 642, s. 1.)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks