• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL - OKC SITE pick up problems?

EdMontana

Anyone have any idea of what is going on? the appointment time frame is getting ridiculous....today is 11/13 and the only dates open for pick up between now and 2016 are 12/01,02 and 03...all other dates are not available.

Not enough people working there or just too much volume?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Possibly a Backlog for the holidays and with the new "online" scheduling it has been stretching out further.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You always have to book a week ahead of time (min of 3 days some times) and they have to follow base guide lines etc etc "lack of man power" etc etc holiday week etc etc it's GL. If you're having a major freight carrier picking up goods have them call in, they reserve a time after 2pm for them.

ZZ4x4

I was there late last week for a pick-up. Lots of activity and workers but the poor forklift driver was run ragged. I waited 45 minutes for my load-out and the guy said he was working through lunch. Maybe volume of surplus has increased...

DeadParrot

Call them after the earliest I could schedule using the web based thing was 20 days out. I was worried about the "Must pickup with in 10 days" clause. The person I spoke with, Kimberly, said they have expanded the OKC window to 30 days due to the backlog. I have a print out, both paper and electronic, of the scheduler only having the 31st, just in case.

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Depending on who loads you and their "state of mind" be prepared to load out pallets/cardboard/crates or you may be making another trip! Don't ask how I know! (Eleven hour round trip)

jasonjc

I had a 0700 pick up this morning, got there at 0620. One other person was there waiting. I went in side told them I was there , they said go wait the fork lift would b out soon. I pulled up beside he other guy. About 5 min later the big door went up and out came the first of my 3 pallets. The forklift guy looked at my short bed pickup and side you know you have 3 pallets (2 were triwalls). I said I knew and that one was canves and I use that pallet as a lid. I was loaded out and gone by 0700. The other guy had one pallet ad was gone too. They must be under booking load outs. The last time I was there it was the same loaded and gone be for my time and only 1-3 others loading.

I'd have to give them an A+ for quick and easy load outs.

Attachments

Last edited:

General Hood

I picked up 4 pallets last Monday and was in and out in 15 minutes, forklift driver said they have an unusual amount of safety meetings each day which taxes their time to load out customers. I've never had an issue with the OK City GL warehouse. The online booking is frustrating if the available pick up dates don't match to the days I have the spare time to make the run, but that's the nature of the beast. Reminds me of "take a number and be seated" now serving customer 6 and I have number 99

jasonjc

Jason:
Have you had a chance to test the MBU?
The one in the back seat looks good but has "bad" on the bottom in marker , the other 2 are brand new. One had the TM and spare parts kit, the other box was all tore up no goodies. And they aren't V3's , no big deal.

General Hood, where was the 11th ACR when you were with them???? I was in T troop 4/11th ACR in Fulda '92-'93.

General Hood

The one in the back seat looks good but has "bad" on the bottom in marker , the other 2 are brand new. One had the TM and spare parts kit, the other box was all tore up no goodies. And they aren't V3's , no big deal.

General Hood, where was the 11th ACR when you were with them???? I was in T troop 4/11th ACR in Fulda '92-'93.
I was stationed at Fulda Gap 72-73. Camp PcPheeters

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
About 5 min later the big door went up and out came the first of my 3 pallets. The forklift guy looked at my short bed pickup and side you know you have 3 pallets (2 were triwalls). I said I knew and that one was canves and I use that pallet as a lid. .
Looks like you got quite a load of MKT canvas there. Plenty of people here on the site looking for items.

jasonjc

Looks like you got quite a load of MKT canvas there. Plenty of people here on the site looking for items.
A pallet sacked almost waist high all new. I need to go thought it all and see what is all there. Got some of the slave cable mbu power cords too.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks