• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL rescues my auction with two minutes left.

1stSarge

So We have a few items on our Watch List, and the auctions close today at 5:00 pm. We couldn’t get to bidding until around 4:00 pm. And that’s when the trouble started. We entered our card and screeeech… the card name didn’t match exactly the GL user name. (middle initial on the card):shock:

So, we looked and looked all over the GL site to see how to change the user name, (you cant)
and ended up calling GL, where we spoke to Sylvia. By now its about 4:35 pm. She said she could change the name, but she needed a written request first.

So we shot her a quick e-mail detailing all the facts of the account and what we needed to change.

We waited a few, then called back to see if she had received the e-mail. We then spoke to another lady whose name I do not recall at this time but it started with an “S”.

She said that they had indeed received the email, and that they would try to change it. We told her that we were trying to bid on things that ended at 5:00 pm, and asked her if the account would be fixed by then. She said she didn’t know, to go try to bid, you only have a few minutes left.

So we clicked over and hit the submit button and *sigh*….same result “information did not match” error…:cry:

We really didn’t know what to do at this point, so we just kept hitting the buttons. The page would load, the error would occur, and we would do it again. Then, the most cool thing happened. At 4:58 pm the page loaded properly, and the message came back confirming we were the highest bidder.

They had actually gone in and manually changed the account that fast.

We blinked a couple of times and held our breath for the next few minutes, and sure enough we won.:jumpin:

Wow…I need a cigarette……

Lessons learned:
1. Make sure your account name matches EXACTLY your credit card name.
2. Don’t wait until the last minute to bid.
3. GL Reps in this case were outstanding.

By the way, the items were random gear, nothing pic worthy, so put your pic picket signs away…:mrgreen:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
nopics

I want to see what you got anyway! Will you have it at the mid ohio show? What price point will we be looking at?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Can't hurt. Your gonna be there anyway. I found SO many different uses for that stuff, glad I got a bunch from Poppop!

jimm1009

This is also especially important when purchasing items such as trucks or trailers that require SF-97's and then titles.
Make sure that your name on the account matches the credit card and that you name also matches your drivers license and other ID used for GL and the Office of Motor Vehicles.
Example: My prpper name is "James" but go through life using Jim because I prefer it and it is a common shortened equivelant.
Well not so to the Offfice of Motor Vehicles. What a P.I.T.A. They do no understand that a person names James could also be "Jim". Oh no we can't have that. Kind of a goofy state thing.
Any way, just to save yourself a big headache, make sure that everything flows the same with the same name and it will make thngs much easier.
Mike, Steve, Ed, Rich, Bob, etc., all those names can have similar glitches when it comes to the titling down the road.
Good luck and above all else, think O.D. Green! :D

jimm1009

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks