• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL Signing state travel permits.

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
I would like to see GL’s make one exception to its prohibition to its employees signing anything except GL paperwork. That one exception should be state temporary travel permits.

I don’t know about other states, but in Virginia you can get a three-day travel permit that only begins to count time when the seller signs and dates the form. This way you don’t have to worry so much about a wasted permit due to delays in travel. I know one time I was technically driving illegally as the GL representative would not sign it.

HeadWizard

Ethan.... you're a creative guy. I don't believe that VA DMV or any state or local LE officer is gonna know what Walt the GL guy at Ft. Meade's signature looks like on a Temporary Travel Permit:?:

Try using your other hand.

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
Well I signed it myself and dated it, but technically the seller is supposed to sign it. I could be creative I suppose, but I should not have to be. That and I prefer to not be creative that way.

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
From what I understand that is the idea behind these new GL forums. Of course the GL reps only work regular hours. With luck these forums help bring attention to some things GL can improve on, or at least open some communication.

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
http://www.dmv.virginia.gov/webdoc/citizen/vehicles/temp_permit.asp
Trip Permit Application (VSA-42)

I don't see the form actually listed on the DMV site, but then again I don't think I have actually ever filled it out when at the DMV. The information desk just sends me to the teller, and they collect the needed information and money. They offer a three day trip permit where you set the dates of travel over a three day period. They also offer a three day trip permit that is good for a month, and starts when the seller signs it at pickup. I have found the second to be the most useful as problems do often popup.

The actual paper you get is a very simple form that you post on the truck in place of a licsense plate. It does not convey any liability on the seller from what I remember, and just states the date the vehicle was picked-up on.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks