• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL site WARNING!!! Albany, GA

dm22630

FYI

I won a lubrication trailer 3 weeks ago located in Albany, GA. I was told by the site manager that today they would be doing loadouts ALL DAY (since it is an unmanned site). I booked a shipper & they showed up at 3:30pm today to pick it up, only to find out the site manager LEFT at 3:00pm.

So....he called the site manager & finally got an answer after she had left (she would not answer her phone/return messages at all throughout the day). She would not come back to loadout & informed my shipper that the next day to do loadouts will be April 14th from 9am-noon ONLY.

Apparently, they do loadouts two days per month for 3 hours per day.

This is a warning to anyone who has purchased anything at that site. Do not be late or you will be screwed.

Luckily, my shipper was not mad at me & let me know that he will be there on the 14th to pick up my trailer.

2cents

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
FYI

I won a lubrication trailer 3 weeks ago located in Albany, GA. I was told by the site manager that today they would be doing loadouts ALL DAY (since it is an unmanned site). I booked a shipper & they showed up at 3:30pm today to pick it up, only to find out the site manager LEFT at 3:00pm.

So....he called the site manager & finally got an answer after she had left (she would not answer her phone/return messages at all throughout the day). She would not come back to loadout & informed my shipper that the next day to do loadouts will be April 14th from 9am-noon ONLY.

Apparently, they do loadouts two days per month for 3 hours per day.

This is a warning to anyone who has purchased anything at that site. Do not be late or you will be screwed.

Luckily, my shipper was not mad at me & let me know that he will be there on the 14th to pick up my trailer.

2cents
Watch out for this:

Gl Rep: I'm sorry Mr. DM, lots MUST be removed within 14 days of a "paid in full invoice". . . . Please see the Clerk. . .

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Hummmmm......I picked up at Albany this morning......Teresa (the GL rep) met me there and went above and beyond the call of duty loading me out.
I had several trailers and some other items that I had to stuff onto an already partially loaded 45 foot commercial flatbed.
It took three hours to get it all on but she hung in there (she did assist other folks too).
I guess it is just the luck of the draw on how a load out goes.

scottc

All day means till 5pm. Sounds like these site managers are unaccountable to any one and in this case run the site around their personal schedule. What a way to run a bussiness. It is like you are doing them a favor to pick up items that you have paid them for.

obxron

HeadWizard,
Somebody named Bennis(first name) is in charge at Richmond or so I was told. I was dealing with one of the "yard dogs". If you are picking up vehicles hope they run or hope you bring everything you need to get them running cause they ain't going to lift even the pallet under the truck to get you out of there or tell you where the closest auto parts place is. I ended up paying a sh*t load of money to get my M35 towed out after spendind a day and a half trying to get mine rolling. Load out Tuesdays and wednesdays 9am-2pm only they go to lunch around 11am come back whenever they please so you got to wait around if you happen to get there around lunch time. Good luck

HeadWizard

That's nuts. I wonder if Charles left? He was always great to deal with. Wouldn't give you much help, but never gave you any cr@p or put time limits on you. I'll call his cell today.

ecivic

I also had an issue when I went to SC. The guy was only there for a couple of hours, not a problem. pick up was fine, but the issue was all of the CUCV's that were being sold, all had their parts that cost over $100 dollars missing. Every last one, but that was not the funny part, when he drove up in his CUCV it had no parts missing, dash pad not cracked, no parts missing from the windows, it almost seemed as though all the parts he had were the ones missing an all the other CUCV's. So if you go to Columbia, SC Forestry, watch out, the pictures used are not the same ones as the vehicles.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks