• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL watch list doesn't show trucks after auction ends

I have been interested in a couple of trucks on the GL site. I want to make sure I don't pay to much for the style I want. I put a couple of them on my watch list. After the auction ends I check my list of items that have ended and the trucks never show up. I had other items on there (non vehicles), and they were present. Is there something I am doing wrong? Thanks for the help.

sterlun

On your account page, you are supposed to be able to click on "closed watchlists" and see said items, choosing to view closed watchlist items from 5, 10, 30 or whatever days old. BUT; it doesn't work.

You might also notice that sometimes, but not always, when you are viewing a list of items and you hit the "next" button to see the next page of items it will instead shoot you straight to page 11 or sometimes the last page rather than page 2 or the next page.

Bottom line: it's busted. :deadhorse:aua:hammer:

Ruppster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
After the auction ends I check my list of items that have ended and the trucks never show up. I had other items on there (non vehicles), and they were present.

I have seen similar comments made by others on SS and the usual response was that it was due to the items requiring an EUC. It seems non EUC items will stay in your watch list after the auction closes but not EUC items. What I do is bookmark the main page for the Event ID. Then you can pull up all items from that event after the auction is over.

Ruppster

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Or, use the View Past Bid Results, in the bottom left side of the page(GL). You'll need to know the event and lot number.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Or go in and put in the minimum bid (do this just as soon as the auction starts)...the item will then show up on your active bid list. Even if you don't bid again you can follow the item until the end of the auction and after.

Thanks guys, all good info from the vets of the GL war. i will bookmark them so I can see the end result . I will probably be sorry when I start doing this. i tend to suffer from "post auction anxiety" . "oh man i ill never see one like that again i should have bought it - oooh look at that one its just what i want - i better wait" ...

41cl8m5

I have found the same thing. If you are just watching the action without bidding as soon as the action ends it removed from your watch list. If you did a bid you can go to bid history and see what it went for. Just a note you need to see the actual listing to see the current going price. For some reason GL can't or won't instantly update the lot listing.

Streamline

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i had this happen several times my self glad to see I wasn't going crazy because I knew I had them in my watch list then poof it was gone. Great question!

RealCavDog

I have noticed that if you do not click on the item and look at it the day of the auction, it does not save it in the "closed watchlist". That has been my recent experience with parts, equipment and vehicles.

I started checking in the morning before work and clicking on all the ones I'm interested in, and they seem to save then. The only exception is the more popular vehicles, and I have come to the conclusion, maybe wrong, that they don't show in the closed screen till the next morning, which they do, until they are "officially awarded" !

That conclusion tends to make me wonder about all the scuttlebutt I have been hearing lately about G.L. possible playng games and manipulating the popular vehicle auctions ! Maybe not, it may just be a money/bidder history thing !

On this subject, is it just me, or are the trucks in San Antonio ever going to sell ! Swear I have seen some of those lots roll through 2 and 3 times, with NEW, non 9, lot numbers !

There was a M35A2 that was really an A2C roll through, same VIN, Mileage and hours, 3 times in about 2 months ! The other 2 in the sale were also the same, and they were not advertised again, and some pretty fair bids, because I was watching a friend bid on it !

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What I do is bookmark the main page for the Event ID. Then you can pull up all items from that event after the auction is over.
Ruppster I wish to try your meethod of viewing auction results after the fact, and I have a few questions.

By saying to bookmark the lot, you mean to use your browser utility to save a specific webpage, is that correct?

And what about the closing price, does your method for sure capture the last update of bidding price of that page your browser has been linked to?

Thanks, I look forward to giving it a go.

Rick

Streamline

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone know ruffly what the M816 wrecker is going for in th Fl. Ga. SC or NC. GL Sights

I have seen them in the 4000 range a day before the deadline but knot sure how much to figure they sell for.

KsM715

Ruppster I wish to try your meethod of viewing auction results after the fact, and I have a few questions.

By saying to bookmark the lot, you mean to use your browser utility to save a specific webpage, is that correct?

And what about the closing price, does your method for sure capture the last update of bidding price of that page your browser has been linked to?

Thanks, I look forward to giving it a go.

Rick

If you save (write down on a sticky note) the sale and lot #'s you can go to the past bid results page ( Past Event Bid Results for Government Surplus Auctions at Government Liquidation ) and look up the results. That page gets updated usually sometime after friday. I usually look stuff up Sat. morning to see what it sold for.

Bad_Carp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Or go in and put in the minimum bid (do this just as soon as the auction starts)...the item will then show up on your active bid list. Even if you don't bid again you can follow the item until the end of the auction and after.
With all th glitches on GL, you just might win a truck for min bid too! :driver:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks