• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

glow plug resistor frying my puny brain w/non-sense

Dave Kay

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am a heavy equipment operator by trade but make no claims to be a HDR. My vehicle is M1008. Lately, I've been through about a dozen threads regarding this mod (and there's at least a dozen more) but for the life of me I can hardly make sense out of exactly HOW this is supposed to be accomplished. I understand the the reasoning for doing the procedure and up to a certain point I follow along with actions taken, but when sentences become incomplete and terminology changes mid-post--- I'm lost. Maybe my brain is damaged from reading too many technical manuals, I don't know.

But here's a compilation of some of the stuff I've been trying to decipher;

"First, you take the one red wire off the passenger side resistor bank... and then disconnect the other off the ballast resistor on driver side... then you connect the big wire on the right side to the diamond-shaped terminal just above the glow-plug-relay-solenoid... and then hook-up the other one to the negative terminal on your battery closest to the firewall... and then? WTF?

Forgive my parody, I'm not exactly an English major myself. But if I'm going to be playing around with 24V amperage I'd REALLY like to fully understand what I will be doing and doing safely. So I'm hoping that maybe some kind sole who truly understands this mod might be able to explain the procedure from beginning to end, using whole sentences, and keeping the same terminology from start to finish. PM me if you like and moderator can kill this thread if so desired.

Best regards

(... as he shakes his head and mumbles' I just don't understand why I don't understand'.............................:confused:)

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks