• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Glow plug wiring melt down

toxicroadkill

Since Ive had my m1009, it has had a mystery wire going from the glow plug relay to the passenger back plug.

Never thought much about it, one day decided to find the original wire, and put it back in use...

Pulled the harness off the passenger side..and the green glow plug wires for the entire passenger side, were melted, ..pulled the engine harness out, put in new glow plug wires. Ran each wire to a little fuse box from amazon with 8 fuses, made a little mounting plate and attached it to the original resistor housing (12v system now), so now this little fuse box, has 8 fuses, sitting up and behind the air cleaner. Any shorts or bad things that happen, just replace a fuse. This fuse box also has a LED for each circuit, if a fuse blows, then you know exactly which one. Makes life much easier. Ive never liked fusable links..they are a royal PITA when they blow.

Neighbor hooked his old chevy pickup battery backwards, spent most of a day bypassing fusible links..every single one I found was fried. Never could get power to every thing again..eventually gave up :(

Fusible links are evil.

Works amazingly well, just thought I would share the idea.

Ill add some photo's later on.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks