• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Glue

diverman555

In Memorial
In Memorial
Several of the rubber moldings around the doors at the windows are coming off. I was wondering if anyone knew what the best glue was to reglue the rubber to the door frame.
Thanks

ducer

When I worked for Buick we used 3m weather strip adhesive (black). it is available at most all autopart stores. If it is in a high stress area or keeps falling off use 3m super weatherstrip adhesive (yellow). With either one apply adhesive then push the 2 pieces together and immediatly pull apart an inch or 2. let it dry a minute or 2 or blow in the adhesive (to tack it up a bit) and then put back together. Good luck I hope all goes well.
It's almost idiot proof. the yellow also works good to secure most gaskets in place for installing things like oil pan gaskets.

Denny:drool:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Plio-bond.

Search, for more uses.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have always used the yellow baby shi.....er, 3M Super Weatherstrip Adhesive. Even on valve covers, something we had to remove often. Secure the gasket to the cover and you're done.

jaxsof

I have always used the yellow baby shi.....er, 3M Super Weatherstrip Adhesive. Even on valve covers, something we had to remove often. Secure the gasket to the cover and you're done.

We called it gorilla snot, and it really is great for this purpose,... or for gluing the street shoes of the guy working next to you to his bench

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
3M weather strip adhesive has always worked Great, and it has never come lose, even if I want it to!
KK

autoshopteacher

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Be careful what gaskets you glue with "yellow death." I had a problematic intake manifold I glued into a small block chevy. Took literally hours to get out. Ended up splitting the gasket in the middle, leaving gasket and glue in equal amounts on the manifold and cylinder head. Real bad ordeal.

diverman555

In Memorial
In Memorial
glue

This is going to be used on the door gaskets. the one around the window. When I roll up the window it tears loose then all that cold air comes in. I'm just not smart enough to remember to roll the window up before I close the door.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Dive man, go down to Auto Zone and pick up a small squeeze tube of Gorilla Glue. I have used this stuff on many applications and have been happy with the long term results.

Peace Out..!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks