• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Going rate for a (X)M813 either from GL, GSA or private sell

Deuce-bigalo

As I many times over, looked and looked at all the wonderful surplus coming out of the Military, I am finding more and more and more the fact I am really pulled to the 5 Ton cargos. Of those of you who have one, when did you purchase it, if you don't my asking what approximately did you pay for it and are the 5T's top speed the same as the Deuce? Perhaps 55 or so?? Also, what in the world does that 'X' stand for on some of the 813's?? That one has me stumped. Experimental perhaps?

Thanks!

John

P.S. - There is one on GL in El Paso I am very interested in and probably will bid on.

Desert Rat

I sold a Mack 5T to a coal company in Kentucky. With a hardtop, heater, Mack turbo-diesel, and a standard bed it cost them $9800. If they bought the truck without the heater and hardtop it was $6900. Since the truck they wanted had the Mack motor but not the other options I had to charge for labor and parts. They really wanted the Mack motor since there was a Mack dealer 30 miles away and could service the truck.

Top speed is 50 mph on these larger trucks. The rpms go to about 2200 or so. The multis go to 2600 rpms.

I believe the "X" implies a possible modification. I may be wrong on that call.

I hope this helps.

Deuce-bigalo

Thanks guys - I appreciate the help to this point. I just can't say what I want, ya know!? I just see this abundant toy store, a open credit card and the twitchy fingers......

poppop

I bought my 813 from GSA about a year ago. I paid 4100.00 for it and I think got a good deal. When we picked it up the employees there said it would not start as several people had been looking and they failed to crank it. It took five minutes to diaognos and five seconds to fix. The emergince shut down cable had been pulled and the screw was loose on the connection at the pump. One little push with the finger and she fired right up. I have replaced one taillight bulb and haven't even had to add diesel yet.

rdixiemiller

I believe the X stands for non-standard wheel base on the trucks. Kenny Engle will know for sure, but he is in Aberdeen.
Lloyd-
What is the secret of the fuel tank that never empties?
Pllleeeease!!!!!

rdixiemiller

Darn!
I was hoping for the never emptying fuel tank! Oh well, back to the old drawing board.......
I am heading down to pick up your doors next week. When I get down your way, it will be like Christmas for you!

Deuce-bigalo

LOL - y'all are too funny! I am still keeping an eye out for the elusive XM813 - That's what Daddy wants!! WOO HOO!!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks