• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Good Deal on tires for M929? 395/85r20 Goodyear

vtbassmaster

Currently have very worn out 14x20's on my truck. A local mudder picked up a truck with 95%+ tread 395/85r20 Goodyears and I can buy all 4 for $600. Anything that I need to watch out for other than weather cracking? Will these be better or worse in clay than the really open tread that is on there now? Seems like a smoking good deal.

Thanks,

Lou

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Currently have very worn out 14x20's on my truck. A local mudder picked up a truck with 95%+ tread 395/85r20 Goodyears and I can buy all 4 for $600. Anything that I need to watch out for other than weather cracking? Will these be better or worse in clay than the really open tread that is on there now? Seems like a smoking good deal.

Thanks,

Lou
They gum up pretty easy.

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't let grass grow under your feet. They won't throw out the mud as well, but at 95% that is a great deal. I would like them for my M35A3 4x4, but I don't have clay mud, I have sand.

Reactions: 98G

vtbassmaster

Buy those and flip em

In 395s I recommend Michelin XMLs for severe offroad terrain

Or goodyear AT3A in 1600s if you wanted big tires.
Will definitely buy them. Not a lot of opportunity here in Vt to pick up surplus anything. I am using the truck off road on my property. I go from clay in the field to broken ledge rocks where I'm dumping the clay. Trying to keep the "road" clear of rocks sticking up so I don't ruin a tire. Thought about building something like the righttrack system.

vtbassmaster

Don't let grass grow under your feet. They won't throw out the mud as well, but at 95% that is a great deal. I would like them for my M35A3 4x4, but I don't have clay mud, I have sand.
Well, if we lived closer I'd say find me some of those At3 tires that Simp mentioned and we work out a deal!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks